What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Wi

artinsocal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used the app My Wi to tether your Ipad and turn it into a Wi Fi hotspot? I plan on using this app to get my new Ipod touch to use the 3G network from the Ipad to listen to online music but don't know how or if AT$T is able to know if you're using the Ipad to tether. Any users I would appreciate your user experience. This is of course done on a Jailbroken Ipad running 3.2.1 The Ipod touch is able to only get WiFi but by using the mentioned app it turns the Ipad into a WiFi hotspot and works pretty cool.

Last edited:

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used the app My Wi to tether your Ipad and turn it into a Wi Fi hotspot?
Yes, it works, and I will do it on very rare occasions that there's no other connectivity available and I need to connect with something other than the iPad.

Normally, I can get done what I need either with the iPad's 3G connection, or via another WiFi connection with a computer.

If you're talking about streaming, I am not sure why broadcasting with the iPad would be better than just streaming with the iPad 3G.

Most reactions

Latest posts