What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapping issue

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been posted. I DID a search, first.
Since the release of iOS 10, I have had a tapping issue on my iPad Pro and my iPad Air.
Most times, it shows up in Boom Beach, and is mostly noticeable in the lower-left quadrant of the landscaped screen. I find that if I move the screen a bit, it will react to the tap.
Another noticeable time is tapping on an app to open it, but nothing happens/the app icon just blinks. It’s possible that I am, very slightly, moving the whole screen, when I am tapping, but I did try tapping lighter.
It takes several taps for the app to open.
I searched here, and on the internet, but found no one complaining, but several others in the Boom Beach forum have the same problem.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is a common complaint, as the last few OS updates have made touch sensitivity much less predictable. I see it myself. I have no solution, but I suspect it has something to do with programming for 3D touch on iPhones, and insufficient testing (or caring) on the iPad. I expect we'll need to get used to the iPad suffering from iPhone optimization.

Most reactions