What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapping home button twice

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I tap the home button twice it brings me to a screen showing pages I've been to, I can swipe to get rid of them but is there a way to do it automatically say every so often or by the amount there

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What you're seeing is the multitasking screen, showing all your open apps so you can choose to resume one where you left off. By swiping up, you force-quit them. I don't think there's a way to quit them all automatically. Another way to see that display in recent iPadOS versions is to swipe up from the bottom of any screen.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple doesn‘t recommend force closing apps (that‘s what you do by swiping them up) on a regular basis. That‘s why there‘s no automatic feature anywhere. You‘re only supposed to do this when an app “misbehaves“.

When you leave an app, it stays in a “frozen” state, so it can start from where you left when you open it again.
Force closing an app means it has to start “from the beginning” when you open it again, which will need more of the device’s resources.

Most reactions

Latest posts