What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using guided access feature

iamikhael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried to use the guided access feature and i tried to switch off the touch button. since then I can´t access the touch screen and it says above the screen to triple click the home button to exit the guide access but every time I triple click the home button nothing happens still i can't go back to normal function whenever I tap the screen and even my assistive touch won't work when I tap it. please need help!

answers please how can i exit from the guided access.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iamikhael said:
i tried to use the guided access feature and i tried to switch off the touch button. since then I can´t access the touch screen and it says above the screen to triple click the home button to exit the guide access but every time I triple click the home button nothing happens still i can't go back to normal function whenever I tap the screen and even my assistive touch won't work when I tap it. please need help!

Go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Guided access. You should see a slider button to turn the feature on and off.

View attachment 25962

View attachment 25963

View attachment 25964

View attachment 25965Move the button to off and you should notice that Guided Access is now turned off.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

iamikhael, did you ever get your problem solved? Here is another post on guided access: http://www.ipadforums.net/ios-6/90787-using-guided-access.html

OP
I

iamikhael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
still can´t find a way, everytime i triple click the home button to exit, my passcode did not appear. It was still stucked on the app screen. Before I started the guided access I tried to disable (slide off) the touch blocking the whole part of the screen. That´s why im not able to access all parts of the screen. but the problem is when I do the triple click home button exit, it still stucked, i can¨t exit. what im going to do please help me with this one.

Last edited:

alien98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi what you need to do is hold your home button and lock button at the same time and this should turn the device off and then you just turn it back on. I've had the same problem with my iPad 3. Hope this helps!! :)

bernie9462

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi what you need to do is hold your home button and lock button at the same time and this should turn the device off and then you just turn it back on. I've had the same problem with my iPad 3. Hope this helps!! :)

alien98, I have tried what you have just said and still cannot enter my passcode.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to hold the home and power buttons for about 25-30 seconds. This will reboot the iPad in the event that you can't get the triple tap to work. In this case, you will not be asked for the password. Your iPad will restart.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

clouds73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having the same problem just few minutes ago.
My nieces and little nephew were hassling me because they wanted to play, so I decided to put Tom & Jerry for them on the iPad (iPad 3) and I locked it with guided access.
when they brought the iPad back, i tired the triple click and it didn't help, not even holding the home button for half an hour.
The only thing what really works is, to hold ur home button and the turn off button at the top for few seconds, maybe 5 or 10 and ur iPad will reboot.

clouds73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
You need to hold the home and power buttons for about 25-30 seconds. This will reboot the iPad in the event that you can't get the triple tap to work. In this case, you will not be asked for the password. Your iPad will restart.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

I didn't notice that you just said the same :)
Sorry!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts