What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapatalk now truly renders to the iPad

Reaction score
I got an update for Tapatalk this evening and now instead of tapping 2X to get full screen and the graphics a bit blurry, it is truly full screen now and clear

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does it work in landscape mode? And have they enhanced the UI to take advantage of the bigger screen, other than just being bigger and holding more text per page?

The pictures on the App Store make it look like a big version of the iPhone app. Not that this is terrible, just not as awesome as it could be.

Doesn't look like they've changed the developer page to mention the update yet.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just noticed after the update it was sitting in the ipad/iphone/ipod touch app section. So checked it out and just seems to be a bigger iPhone app. Nice and clear. I like reading different forums on the iPad over my iPhone now.
It works in landscape mode, but it doesn't look any different, just rotates the screen.

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
I personally like the bigger fonts on the older version but this update adds a lot of extra functions,including ones for forum moderators,than the 2X version if the iPhone one.
One major improvement for my likes is no more several seconds lag when changing orientation on start up.
I'd like to have a night option like on my phone because black backgrounds are easier on my eyes than off white

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking in the AppStore and cannot seem to locate this app. It's strange because I thought I saw it there earlier today. Anyone have any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
From their twitter feed:

tapatalk Tapatalk
@
@corbosman tried that and failed. Called Amazon support and was told to start as multi-zone as well, still no good.
1 hour ago
»

tapatalk Tapatalk
We should setup some sort of "Emergency Read-Only Mode" like Reddit does: reddit: the voice of the internet -- news before it happens
2 hours ago

tapatalk Tapatalk
Both app are removed from app store / market until issues are resolved
2 hours ago

tapatalk Tapatalk
Unbelievable - still waiting for Amazon to bring the database back up: AWS Service Health Dashboard - Apr 21, 2011
2 hours ago

tapatalk Tapatalk
You can still use Tapatalk to access forums you have already added to Favorites / Accounts
16 hours ago

tapatalk Tapatalk
Server issue still goes on. We have also pulled our app from the store for now until the server is back up.
16 hours ago

tapatalk Tapatalk
@
@inksmithy hopefully in next few hours
18 hours ago

tapatalk Tapatalk
Our server is currently down.
18 hours ago

Most reactions

Latest posts