What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop on sale today for $2.99

Reaction score
For those on the fence it is on sale from the normal $9.99
I haven't tried it yet but for this price I'm downloading it now.
It is an app that allows one to use their desktop like a personal server is how I understand it. I can use my desktop to play files on it, email, websites, etc and though the desktop is doing the work the Ipad is like the monitor and also controls what the desktop is doing.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I caught it for 1.99 but it's well worth it. It connect easily and it auto changes to compatible resolution. Pretty good deal for sale price. Not for 10. Hope this helps and anyone that tries it enjoys it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
Thanks, Mark!

If you see my phone and the Inc forum you'll see I really enjoy trying new apps and sharing the results. I'll give this one a few days before posting back since I have to find my desktop (j/k but not by much) and dust it off to install the Windows part for it.
I've got over 200 apps on my phone, none even remotely similar to others, except for email ones.

Support Our Troops!

schoolnu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up on the 70% off

question: does remote app software like this use internet bandwidth when connected at home (I assume via home network)?

To clarify, does streaming an excel file via your laptop to iPad using this app use internet bandwidth? or does watching a video on to my laptop and than to the iPad2 via splashtop use x2 as much internet bandwidth (downloading to laptop and than downloading to iPad) or is it the same as watching it on one device?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

question: does remote app software like this use internet bandwidth when connected at home (I assume via home network)?

To clarify, does streaming an excel file via your laptop to iPad using this app use internet bandwidth? or does watching a video on to my laptop and than to the iPad2 via splashtop use x2 as much internet bandwidth (downloading to laptop and than downloading to iPad) or is it the same as watching it on one device?

Splashtop lets the PC stream the video content to your iPad over WiFi only at home, so it's not using any of your 'Internet' (cable) bandwidth - the 'stream' goes directly from your PC to the iPad just using the wireless network that you have at home - a once-only transfer.

If you're away from home, then the stream goes from your PC to your wireless ADSL router, then over the cable network to the Internet backbone and, from there, to your iPad - either via a WiFi hotspot or 3G. If you were using 3G then it would be using your ADSL bandwidth at home - to get the stream from the PC to the Internet and using your 3G bandwidth and data allowance to get the stream from the Internet to your iPad over the mobile network.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For those on the fence it is on sale from the normal $9.99
I haven't tried it yet but for this price I'm downloading it now.
It is an app that allows one to use their desktop like a personal server is how I understand it. I can use my desktop to play files on it, email, websites, etc and though the desktop is doing the work the Ipad is like the monitor and also controls what the desktop is doing.

Support Our Troops!

Ok, ok, ok. I've been on the fence forever, but I guess I can't resist that. :D

Downloading now. Might as well get the iPhone version too while I'm at it.

Joyton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought this apps on the date of prince's wedding. And it was 0.99. I enjoy this apps very much. I just need to turn on my computer before I go out. Then I can use my home computer anywhere outside. The streaming speed is surprising fast and the price is still reasonable , even for 2.99. Even some paid apps selling at a higher price can't catch this speed.

P.s. I am falling in love watching all the videos used to be playing by adobe flash player through this app. Perfect speed, sound quality, just buy it and enjoy!

schoolnu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Splashtop lets the PC stream the video content to your iPad over WiFi only at home, so it's not using any of your 'Internet' (cable) bandwidth - the 'stream' goes directly from your PC to the iPad just using the wireless network that you have at home - a once-only transfer....

Tim

thanks Tim for the quick and clear reply

formengr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
1.99 today!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Rats! I paid 2.99 two days ago! Still worth it though. Neat app that works pretty well so far.

participo ergo sum

pbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to try this. I assume this means you can use any of the programs installed on your pc from your iPad?

OP
Mountainbikermark
Reaction score
I want to try this. I assume this means you can use any of the programs installed on your pc from your iPad?

Yup. You completely run your pc your iPad.

Support Our Troops!

Most reactions