What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talking ipad?

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to make your ipad say, for example: "passcode accepted" when you type in the passcode, or "access denied" when you input the password incorrectly? I know it would have to be a jailbreak tweek, but still, I like the idea of my ipad telling me when it unlocks, locks, ect

Nathan

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can certainly theme the "unlock" sound, so that could say, for example, "Access Granted", if you got a recording of that. I am sure there are plenty of sound files out there with something you could use.

There is a tweak called iUnlock which lets you set a custom sound and animation on unlock. Don't know what it's current compatability is like, but you can look into it.

But you can easily create your own Winterboard theme to have a custom unlock sound. Just download any of the existing ones and have a look at them to see how it's done. Search for "unlock sound" in Cydia. Themes can be found in var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/ on your device once they are installed (where xxxxx is unique to your device).

Unfortuately, I don't think there is a tweak which can hook into the "passocde incorrect" event to give an access denied sound. If there is, I'm not aware of it ;)

Hope that helps a little :)

OP
B

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You can certainly theme the "unlock" sound, so that could say, for example, "Access Granted", if you got a recording of that. I am sure there are plenty of sound files out there with something you could use.

There is a tweak called iUnlock which lets you set a custom sound and animation on unlock. Don't know what it's current compatability is like, but you can look into it.

But you can easily create your own Winterboard theme to have a custom unlock sound. Just download any of the existing ones and have a look at them to see how it's done. Search for "unlock sound" in Cydia. Themes can be found in var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/ on your device once they are installed (where xxxxx is unique to your device).

Unfortuately, I don't think there is a tweak which can hook into the "passocde incorrect" event to give an access denied sound. If there is, I'm not aware of it ;)

Hope that helps a little :)

Thanks :) that's great! As soon as an untethered jailbreak for io6 comes out, I'm going to download this tweek! Thanks so much :)

OP
B

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the tweek iUnlock on my iPod touch, and it didn't really work.

Can you please explain how i can customize my lock sounds? Thanks :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried the tweek iUnlock on my iPod touch, and it didn't really work.

Can you please explain how i can customize my lock sounds? Thanks :)

from my post above...

...you can easily create your own Winterboard theme to have a custom unlock sound. Just download any of the existing ones and have a look at them to see how it's done. Search for "unlock sound" in Cydia. Themes can be found in var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/ on your device once they are installed (where xxxxx is unique to your device).

Use iFile or something similar to look at the theme file. It is simply a question of putting your own sound in the correct folder structure and activating your theme in Winterboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts