What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing question

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched the internet for a clear and complete explanation of what happens during the iPad sync process with no success. Does anyone know of a good source?

For example: Suppose I have an app on the iPad that was previously backed up to my computer. Now I remove the app from my iPad. What happens the next time I sync? Is it removed from the backup automatically? Is it reinstalled on my iPad during the next sync? Is it reinstalled if I do a restore?

OP
B

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a lot more searching I found the answer buried in an Apple document:

[h=4]Transferring apps purchased on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iTunes[/h] If you delete an app from your iTunes library, the next time you sync your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with that computer it will be removed from the device. If you delete an app from your device, but not from your iTunes library, it will be synced back to your device the next time your connect to iTunes.

Most reactions