What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad wireless syncing

jfolliard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newbvie here. in order to wirelessly synce my ipad what exactly is the setup? I have it and itunes configured properly but when I plug my ipad into a power source with the lid closed, nothing happens. do you have to have the ipad on AND plugged into a power source in order for it to wirelessly sync?

So then I plugged the ipad into a power source and opened the lid - again nothing happens. I'm sure I have all the preferences/options correctly checked.

In both examples "sync now" is greyed out on the ipad. But when I open itunes then the Sync Now button is active and it automatically wirelessly synced. So that tells me I have to have itunes up and running at all times?

Do you also have to have itunes running?

I'm a bit confused here.

Thanks.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you must have iTunes running in order to automatically sync. You should also need to make sure that on the summary tab for your device in iTunes you have checked the box for it to sync with the device over the air.

Most reactions

Latest posts