What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing problem

meddyliol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, I had all of my music, some videos, apps etc all on my iPad. Today, when I connected the iPad and iTunes started up it started to sync them all again which is taking hours and hours. I was really looking forward to this iPad but am now starting to wonder if the agro is worth it.
Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Brian

OP
meddyliol

meddyliol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. That doesn't explain why it starts syncing my music again does it? I never had a problem with my iPod which I gave to my wife. Anyway, I will try what you suggest and see what happens.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. That doesn't explain why it starts syncing my music again does it? I never had a problem with my iPod which I gave to my wife. Anyway, I will try what you suggest and see what happens.
If you don't check mark "Prevent ... from syncing automatically", e.g., iTunes will start syncing as soon as you connect your device to it. That's what you're experiencing.

OP
meddyliol

meddyliol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help. My problem has now been resolved by stopping the auto sync. Whew!

Brian :):D

Most reactions