What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air2 will not sync with ios 9.3.1

denny1700

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could anyone help me...I could not get into Apple phone support after waiting over half an hour. I have googled and googled and cannot figure out what happened. All of my music that was on my Ipad has disappeared, and whatever I try iTunes will not sync my music to my Ipad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Make sure iTunes is up to date.

On your iPad, look at your settings in Music. Disable iTunes Match, if it's enabled. If you use iCloud Music Library, disable that too. Now try syncing.

Connect your device to the computer.
In iTunes (computer), select your device. Click Music below it, uncheck "Sync Music", then choose "Sync" or "Apply" at the bottom.
Then checkmark "Sync Music", and sync/apply.
Let iTunes finish syncing, unplug your iPad and take a look at your music.

If that doesn't help either, go to Settings - General - Reset on your iPad, and select "Reset Network Settings". Connect your device to the computer. If you get the popup whether or not to trust the computer, select "Trust...".
In iTunes, select your iPad, go to the Summary tab, scroll to Options, and checkmark "Manually manage music and videos". Then try syncing again.

Hope that helps.

OP
denny1700

denny1700

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I have checked that I have the latest versions of itunes and the ipad air 2 as well. I've spent upteen hours googling as well as with apple support trying to get music synced to my ipad. Now albums manually added to my ipad are not even showing there, and they're not even alphabetically ordered. I can only see "recently added."

I have an appt. with Genius Bar at an Apple store. Would it be better to erase everything and go back to factory condition or to go in and ask for a replacement? I'm going to Europe in two weeks and don't have any more time to mess around. I must have spent over 40 hours total trying to get music synced from my PC music library.

At this point I'm even thinking of taking my Google Nexus 7--I never spent time trying to get music on to it!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have checked that I have the latest versions of itunes and the ipad air 2 as well. I've spent upteen hours googling as well as with apple support trying to get music synced to my ipad. Now albums manually added to my ipad are not even showing there, and they're not even alphabetically ordered. I can only see "recently added."

I have an appt. with Genius Bar at an Apple store. Would it be better to erase everything and go back to factory condition or to go in and ask for a replacement? I'm going to Europe in two weeks and don't have any more time to mess around. I must have spent over 40 hours total trying to get music synced from my PC music library.

At this point I'm even thinking of taking my Google Nexus 7--I never spent time trying to get music on to it!
Back up your iPad before going to the Genius Bar. That way you can set up a replacement iPad Air 2 from the backup if they give you a replacement.

OP
denny1700

denny1700

iPF Noob
Reaction score
>> If that doesn't help either, go to Settings - General - Reset on your iPad, and select "Reset Network Settings". Connect your device to the computer. If you get the popup whether or not to trust the computer, select "Trust...".
In iTunes, select your iPad, go to the Summary tab, scroll to Options, and checkmark "Manually manage music and videos". Then try syncing again.

Thank you.

That helped a lot. My Ipad was stuck and not showing music that I had been syncing via iTunes.

I am also wondering how one can direct iTunes to sync a subset of the Music Library on my PC rather than "the entire music:library." It takes a really long time to individually add folders from the Music Library on my PC to add to the iTunes library. Also I notice that files in wma format when added to the iTunes library seem to get separated into many discrete entities based on the artists actually performing on a particular track on an album, which makes it quite a task then to syn over to the ipad if one has to do it manually, as one has to check all the tracks on an album (CD-ripped) to do so.

Most reactions

Latest posts