What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing multiple "I" devices

Sprank1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to search for this, but guess I couldn't phrase it right in the search...

So - I know it is possible to sync multiple devices with iTunes, but is there any thing I should be aware of. I have always synced both my 80gb iPod Video and my iPod Touch and never had any problems.

But, not with the iPad will there be any issues. I am concerned about the Apps mostly. If and app is specifically for the iPad will that cause any problem when I sync my iPod Touch? If there are two different versions of an App (iPod and iPad) will I end up with both versions on my iPad if I have purchased both? Not sure if there is anything else that could cause problems, but just wanted to check with the "experts" :D

Thanks

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should not have any problems. I have two ipods and my ipad syncing to the same account. You will be able to control what syncs to which unit.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All devices have their own profile so you can plug each one in and they won't affect each other...and you can transfer purchases between them if they use the same iTunes account.

OP
S

Sprank1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers - I kinda figured it would be ok to sync, but just wanted to check.

Now -- one more quick question if anyone is around ..

What does "Configure Universal Access" do? I have that button in iTunes, but have no idea what it does.

Thanks

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers - I kinda figured it would be ok to sync, but just wanted to check.

What does "Configure Universal Access" do? I have that button in iTunes, but have no idea what it does.

Thanks

Same as universal access in mac os, so it enables zoom, white on black (inverted colors) and some other features to help with people with vision/hearing problems.

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks
So I know iTunes has a limit of 5 devices per account.....will the iPad be considered one of these 5? I'm guessing it will but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks
So I know iTunes has a limit of 5 devices per account.....will the iPad be considered one of these 5? I'm guessing it will but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

That's a good question, but since you don't have to authorize an iPad/iPhone/iPod I think that only applies to computers.

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks

Thanks!

That's a good question, but since you don't have to authorize an iPad/iPhone/iPod I think that only applies to computers.
Is that correct?? If so cool....I thought you could only have so many devices or else you would be loading your library on anyone and everyone's unit??

Maybe I'm confusing this with the home share limit:confused::confused::confused:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks!

Is that correct?? If so cool....I thought you could only have so many devices or else you would be loading your library on anyone and everyone's unit??

Maybe I'm confusing this with the home share limit:confused::confused::confused:

No you can only load onto a unit with your iTunes account. So you cant install my iPad apps or iTunes purchases unless your iPad is reregistered with my account...that's how I share apps with my gf, her iPod touch uses my user account.

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No you can only load onto a unit with your iTunes account. So you cant install my iPad apps or iTunes purchases unless your iPad is reregistered with my account...that's how I share apps with my gf, her iPod touch uses my user account.
So just to be clear.....is there a limit to the number of units you can load a given iTunes account on??:confused:

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks

Thanks!

There is no device max, period. I have way more than 5 now LOL

OP
S

Sprank1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks

Thanks!

There is no device max, period. I have way more than 5 now LOL

I am pretty sure that the "limit" is for computers that are authorized to play your itunes content. But that limit does not extend to iPods and iPads because they are treated as simply an extension of the computer they are synced to. I know that I have 5 computers authorized already and have no problem with my iPods and iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts