What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing MP3 podcast to iPad

boaterbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using iTunes to sync to my iPad. Recently I tried to upload a radio show podcast programs in the MP3 format using iTunes as the target. Seems all I could get was the 10 seconds or so of the program intro - but no actual program info. So I downloaded the podcast to my Win7-64bit Desktop and was able to get that into iTunes. The podcast does show up in iTunes under 'Music' but will not sync to the iPod app on the iPad - it's as if Apple does not recognize the MP3 format??

Here is the URL for the radio show (actually quite interesting):
SSD - Computer Solutions with Jamey Mellis

Tomorrow I will be installing an alternative to iTunes (CopyTrans Manager) that allows drag/drop to the iPod/iPad thus bypassing iTunes. Hope that works.

Any thoughts as to way I can't sync directly to the iPad via iTunes?

Robert

OP
B

boaterbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that is what I did initially - when it was downloading to iTunes from the Web site the download process bar at the top of the iTunes page showed it taking about 30 seconds to load the approx 30MB podcast.

When I pointed iTunes to the same podcast on my PC and said 'sync' it also showed the sync taking time and the amount of data being transferred.

The podcast icon shows up on the iPad in the Music library but it doesn't do anything - just shows as a generic icon.

Are there different MP3 versions that do/don't play on the iPad?

Robert

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
weird.

dont know, it should work.

try removing it, sync, add it back in itunes and sync agian. other than that I dont know why it would work.

OP
B

boaterbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the only way to get certain books, MP3 podcasts, etc to my iPad was to upload the files to iTunes, hook up my iPad and drag/drop the programs to my iPad device shown on the iPad summary page. This worked fine.

Robert

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if this is what's going on in your case, but if something is showing up in iTunes and not sync'ing to your device, it could be that the item is actually a link and not a file. There are some music sites I frequent that use this method.

itunes2.jpg

Open the file in iTunes on your computer and see if it has one of these "WiFi" symbols in the name field. If it does, then it is only playable on your computer... AFIK.

Most reactions

Latest posts