What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing Docs

Drummo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I synce my Windows PC with my ipad so I can transfer Word & Excel docs onto my ipad?

I have purchased Quickoffice and it is on the ipad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I synce my Windows PC with my ipad so I can transfer Word & Excel docs onto my ipad?

I have purchased Quickoffice and it is on the ipad.

There are several ways that you can do this. I find the simplest is to email myself (from my Windows PC) the documents I want and then receive them using the iPad Mail program. Then, when they are displayed in iPad Mail, if you touch and hold the document it will offer you the opportunity to 'Open in QuickOffice' (OK - I don't have QuickOffice, but I have Apple Pages, which is the Apple Office Word compatible program and that's the option that I get there).

I also subscribe to the Apple MobileMe service, which gives you access to iDisk. From your PC (via the MobileMe iDisk website) you can upload documents to iDisk. Having subscribed to iDisk, you get an iDisk app on your desktop on the iPad and, from there, you can see all the files that you've uploaded and you can download them into compatible apps on the iPad. Also, from within Pages at least, you can directly download from iDisk without going into iDisk app itself.

I know a lot of other Forum members recommend GoodReader; I don't personally have any experience of that, but either emailing or MobileMe work just fine.

I'm sure that other more experienced Forum members will give you better advice.

Enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also sign up for Dropbox, a cloud storage program. You get 2gb of storage free (can get more if you pay) and you put a program on your computer. Once it's installed, you get a folder on your computer that's just like a file folder - you can cut, copy, paste, drag and drop info to it.

The cool thing about this is (1) it's free and (2) once you have a Dropbox account, you can access it anywhere (if you don't have access to your home computer, you can go to Dropbox's web site, sign in and still acess your folders).

QuickOffice is able to use/access Dropbox...

Marilyn

OP
D

Drummo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also sign up for Dropbox, a cloud storage program. You get 2gb of storage free (can get more if you pay) and you put a program on your computer. Once it's installed, you get a folder on your computer that's just like a file folder - you can cut, copy, paste, drag and drop info to it.

The cool thing about this is (1) it's free and (2) once you have a Dropbox account, you can access it anywhere (if you don't have access to your home computer, you can go to Dropbox's web site, sign in and still acess your folders).

QuickOffice is able to use/access Dropbox...

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

I have downloaded Dropbox onto the ipad how do I get it on my PC, just by going to the Dropbox website and downloading to my PC or will I access it via iTunes?

Drummo

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll vote for dropbox too... Then what I do is download the docs from Dropbox on Ipad to Goodreader (a great file mgmt system) and then you should be set.

AlunReynolds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDisk works for me. I have my whole directory structure on it. So, I can access the files from any device, anywhere.

JohnMorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iWork is a good application for syncing office documents to iPad. I have some easy steps for syncing files with iWork app. You connect your iPad to computer, Click iPad device in iTunes. There you can sync any document with iWork application in iPad.

Ipso1317

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use docs to go and I must say I was impressed on how simple it was to sync all my Microsoft docs to my iPhone and iPad via wifi.

Tinamooli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you pls, let me know how to upload word documents from my iPad to a wesite;
Example: uploading my CV to the posted job on a website?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you pls, let me know how to upload word documents from my iPad to a wesite;
Example: uploading my CV to the posted job on a website?

I'm not sure how this can be done. You can upload an Apple iPad Pages document to the Apple MobileMe iDisk cloud storage server, but then you'd have to be able to transfer it from there to the website in question.

Maybe some other Member will have a solution, but I've certainly not found a way to upload a document from the iPad to a website.

Tim

Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm not sure how this can be done. You can upload an Apple iPad Pages document to the Apple MobileMe iDisk cloud storage server, but then you'd have to be able to transfer it from there to the website in question.

Maybe some other Member will have a solution, but I've certainly not found a way to upload a document from the iPad to a website.

Tim

There is an app for that.

I had posted one for that exact purpose some time ago in another thread. Perhaps my search'n'rescue capabilities are sufficient to dig it up.

Tinamooli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
There is an app for that.

I had posted one for that exact purpose some time ago in another thread. Perhaps my search'n'rescue capabilities are sufficient to dig it up.

Could you help me to find that? I really need to know that! Please...!

Most reactions

Latest posts