What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best word processor for iPad?

cvargas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,*
I use my ipad to take notes in my college classes. I'm currently using Docs to go as a word processor since it has the option to sync directly all my folders and files to my desktop and iphone through dropbox. The only thing that is really not working for me is that this app doesn't have is spell check. Also I have created new shortcuts that help me write faster but in Docs to go it doesn't recognize them so they don't work properly.*
Adiotionally I need to insert pictures from camera roll and from the Internet directly into the documents.
The last thing I was hoping to do on Docs to go was use commands without having to tap the different options on the screen (command+ B fo bold, for example).*
Docs to go is not the only app available, I was looking into Quickoffice but before buying another app I wanted to make sure Docs to go didn't have all these options, and find out if Quickoffice did.*

I was hoping that someone could help me solve this.

Thank you

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My recommendation is Pages. It does all you require and more. Well worth $10.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also use Docs 2 Go for word processing because I'm a Windows user who likes Word. However, Docs 2 Go Word seems quite crude compared to Apples Pages. I'm about to buy pages so that I can take advantage of more powerful formatting options like bullet points.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant see past apples iWork's apps at this time until (unless) microsoft release a version of ms office for ios.

Most reactions