What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Synch ipad with new itunes and new pc

sherryledo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I got iPad2 and it contains pics , music, videos, apps , ..... Etc

I gotta new pc and I want to take copy from I pad2 to the new iTunes .
I connected the iPad and synch but the data was erased from the iPad . Except for apps because I made " transfer " to the purchases before I synch . But all other Data such as music and songs were erased from iPad

Help please I want to have copy from iPad to pc

Sent from my iPad using iPF shereen Samy

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you have to load the pics and songs and videos to the new pc from the last pc or wherever you have them, and sync them to the device.

OP
sherryledo

sherryledo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for replying

So under any case if I lost data from old pc and got new pc I will not b able to copy data to the pc itself ( I can only take backup for iPad)

But again once I synch the iPad with new iTunes blank library , data will be wiped from my iPad ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sent from my iPad using iPF shereen Samy

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just beginning to think of how I could be in the same situation (computer crashes fully - hard drive failure). Now that I'm aware of what could happen - thanks for bringing this to my active thinking - I'm wondering if there really isn't some way to make an "ACTUAL" back up of what's on the pad.

I have a Cydia back up application, but of course it just makes a list of what I've bought from there.

So this is an interesting dilemma.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People shouldn't consider data on the iPad as a backup copy. The iTunes on your computer is the main and it needs to have a real backup (like onto an external hard drive). People think I'm crazy when I buy three hard drives at a time... But it's times like these....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GlenL said:
People shouldn't consider data on the iPad as a backup copy. The iTunes on your computer is the main and it needs to have a real backup (like onto an external hard drive). People think I'm crazy when I buy three hard drives at a time... But it's times like these....

Your singing my tune.......backup, backup, backup......then there will be no need to start a thread, "help, my PC has crashed, how do........."!

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts