What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture information, data, statistics

kirk28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have purchased an Ipad 3 and have transferred my pictures over from my PC. I cannot find any data related to the pictures at all (name of picture, size, date taken, etc.). They are in the appropriate folders but all I have are the photos. Is there anyway I can see this data or is there an app I can get that will show said data along with each picture? I would hate having to scroll through every album looking for a specific picture. I would like to be able to search for them if I have to pull them up. Thanks in advance.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are requiring the embedded EXif or metadata in a picture /jpeg , then Photo manager pro should do the job and more

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what can be shown in the Exif data using PhotoManager Pro

image-1517887515.jpg

OP
K

kirk28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did recently get the Photo Manager Pro but it did not transfer the File name. I really wanted that with the hope that I could search for pictures rather than scrolling through each folder to find one. Perhaps I can use another program rather than itunes to transfer pictures? Would a dropbox work? Sorry- all new technology for me right now...

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did recently get the Photo Manager Pro but it did not transfer the File name. I really wanted that with the hope that I could search for pictures rather than scrolling through each folder to find one. Perhaps I can use another program rather than itunes to transfer pictures? Would a dropbox work? Sorry- all new technology for me right now...
Yes...

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kirk28 said:

Photo Manager Pro does keep original file names, how are you transferring pics? Dragging and dropping onto the app in iTunes?
Try using the Photo Manager Pro built in server, click the Wifi button top left corner on the main app screen then follow the instructions, I have an app on the pc called DiskAid which also makes file transfers easier.

OP
K

kirk28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bosvaark. Clicking on the http transfer link on the wifi button does the trick. The names are there. Thank you all for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts