What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync with Yahoo Notepad?

livingcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the iPad and this site. (Because of my "life" responsibilities, I need to maintain my PC/Yahoo applications.) I have thoroughly searched this site and studied the iPad User Guide. I have managed to set up my Yahoo email as my iPad default e-mail and have set up my iPad to sync with my Yahoo contacts and calendar. I desperately want to sync with my Yahoo notepad, but have hit a brick wall. Any advice?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How did you set up the Yahoo account?

The standard Yahoo account set up includes the ability to sync notes, but not contacts. So I've got to figure you did something else.

If you did sync by another means in order to get contacts, this is what I suggest.

Go into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and create a new account. Use the default Yahoo method. When you get to the point where it shows you each of the services that will sync, turn off everything but Notes.

You will now have two accounts for Yahoo. One that is syncing most of your stuff, and other that just syncs your notes. I can't guarantee his will work smoothly, but I have set up multiple Google accounts this way without problems. You just need to be sure and only turn each service (Notes, Mail, Calendar, Contacts) on in only one of the accounts, or you may end up with duplicate entries.

OP
L

livingcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. When I checked the details of my Yahoo sync, Notes was checked along with Contacts and Mail, but the Notes do not sync.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, don't know if I can help any more than that. When I have some time I'll experiment a bit and see what happens. I've never used Yahoo! notes.

I prefer Evernote. It works on just about any device/computer you are likely to own, syncs between them in the cloud, and is free for the basic account. It also allows pictures, PDF, and audio notes/files besides the normal text notes. You can even email notes to it.

It would probably be a pain to transfer all your notes, and I know you've said you need to keep the Yahoo stuff, but it might be worth looking at.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another plug for Evernote. Just so I didn't forget what thread to come back to, I highlighted the first entry and clicked on the Evernote button in my browser. I now have a note to refer to, even if I'm not at my computer when I decide to reply. Evernote has a plugin available for most popular browsers.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After much research and head scratching, I stumbled on the answer. You aren't going to like it.

The Note sync on the iPad does not sync with the Notepad app on Yahoo. It syncs with the Notes folder in Yahoo! Mail. I'm not even sure it is a two way sync. While notes I put on the iPad in the Yahoo account showed up in on Yahoo's site, the one note I copied to the folder on the site has not synced back to the iPad.

So, for a solution of sorts, you can access your Yahoo! Notepad through the Safari Browser. I tried it and it works well enough.

Just type notepad.yahoo.com into the URL bar at the top of Safari. It will take you to the Notepad site. You'll probably have to log in.

Now, before you do anything else, tap the icon just to the left of the URL entry bar. It looks like a rectangle with an arrow curving out to the right. From the menu choose Add to Home Screen. You'll get a chance to change the name of the icon you are creating.

This icon will be placed on you Home screen. You can treat it just like any other app icon, but it's really a shortcut to the Notepad app at Yahoo! You'll have to have internet access to use your Notes, but at least you can get to them quickly this way.

Last edited:

girlhouston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yahoo Notepad notes have disappeared after sync

I was not smart enough to do my homework prior to following instructions on how to sync all of my Yahoo with my IPad when I got it last week. I have discovered that during the syncing process, my Notepad folders remained but my data in Notepad has gone out to space somewhere and is saying "find me!" I have years of important info there. Apple's IPad staff sends me to Yahoo and Yahoo has no live person available to help me. I want to throw my IPad up against a wall.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yahoo Notepad and the iPad won't sync. The only thing that syncs is the notes folder in Yahoo Mail.

If you lost your Notepad, then it really should only be Yahoo who can do anything about it. If you lost the notes folder, the only thing I can suggest is taking a look in the Trash folder.

Most reactions