What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync to delete emails

jkingrph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 3 i devices, an iPhone, a new ipad mini and one of the ipad pro, smaller size. Is there any way to make all the devices delete e mails at the same time when i delete an e mail on one device?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 3 i devices, an iPhone, a new ipad mini and one of the ipad pro, smaller size. Is there any way to make all the devices delete e mails at the same time when i delete an e mail on one device?

To my knowledge this is handled the way you describe with IMAP accounts. Create, send, receive, delete..all clients to those accounts see the same activity.

Are you looking for some kind of Borg signal that’s device-based? Send a delete email command and all your devices obey it?

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
I wondered the same thing. I would love to delete an email from my iPhone, and have it delete from the iPad, and vice versa. Since they share via iCloud, it would seem that it would do that. Not that big of a deal because I hate cluttered inboxes, and keep maybe 10-15 in the devices, cleaning every time I check mail.What, me paranoid? I do that to my poor PC(sometimes PC`s when I`m playing with one the other ones, I have 3, yeah..I know),

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That depends on your email account. iCloud and Gmail accounts have the option to select mailbox behaviour. They either mark as read/delete on the iPhone or iPad alone, or on the server. Outlook syncs automatically.

To check which one’s selected, go to the Settings app - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts, select the account, choose the email account (the address) or Mail if it’s an iCloud email address, and go to Advanced. In Mailbox Behaviours, choose the right mailbox, and make sure it’s under “On the Server”, so that the mailboxes are allowed to sync.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Thank you ! I never went that deep in the settings. It worked perfectly, and both devices are in sync email wise now.I am pretty much self taught, never been within 3 feet of an Apple device until last September....I have since folded like a cheap lawn chair, fastest cult indoctrination ever.....Happy cultist!

Most reactions

Latest posts