What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync iphone cal (activesync) with ipad2

bigmick777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have just picked up my iPad 2 and very impressed so far.

What I would like to do is sync content from my iPhone. Specifically my iPhone is configured to receive push email, calendar and contacts from my works Exchange server.

Now they say they cannot configure (or won't) push to both devices so I am looking for a tool that will some how sync the two.

I would be happy with just the calendar, contacts a bonus, probably not much use to sync email as deleting or replying won't do anything!

Thanks in advance, Mick

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can you access the account using OWA (Outlook Web Access). If so there are a couple of apps in the App Store that promise to work with OWA better than the native Safari browser. I've no personal experience with this, but it might be worth your while to check out.

Just search for OWA in the App Store.

OP
B

bigmick777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the response. I'm afraid we don't use OWA.

Hence I'm stuck trying to find a piece of software to sync or wait until the company gets round to testing the iPad and allowing me to subscribe to two push services.

Padi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both iPhone and iPad and receive all my personal and work email on both via push. We use MS Outlook.

All I did was create a new exchange account on my pad and copy the account details into it from the phone. Works fine for me. It synced all my contacts and calender entries as well.

Ste

OP
B

bigmick777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I tried my credentials but my works push email ties it to a device id. The iPhone in my case. I am waiting for them to test and allow two devices but not holding my breadth as I work for a large company and iPads are personal devices.

I have thought about using iTunes / pc to sync but I don't normally sync very often so was hoping for a software solution I could do over the air.

Maybe icloud servers and iOS 5 will be the answer!

Most reactions