What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync ipad with pc

300cman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plug my ipad into my pc, but it won't sync. I unplugged both the usp and 30 pin connector and plugged them back and it won't connect with the itunes page. I am connected to my wi-fi and I have I-tunes loaded. Anybody got any ideas?

Last edited:

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plug my ipad into my pc, but it won't sync. I unplugged both the usp and 30 pin connector and plugged them back and it won't connect with the itunes page. I am connected to my wi-fi and I have I-tunes loaded. Anybody got any ideas?

300cman-make sure the USB is not connected through a hub. It needs to be connected to your USB on your pc. Do you have an iPod, if so does that connect ok? If that doesn't work try a hard reset on your iPad.

OP

300cman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have the USB plugged into a hub. No I don't have an ipod. This is my first "i" anything. Ok, I went into settings on my ipad and under general, did the reset, and still nothing. Am I at the right reset? I even hooked up with a different cord. And still nothing.

Last edited:

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad: Basic troubleshooting

300 try this link. I'm on Mac. Sorry I can't help more. Others should see your post and offer advice. Did you do a search on the forum to see if there are similar threads? That might be a good idea. I'm sure you will get it fixed and start enjoying your pad

OP

300cman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad: Basic troubleshooting

300 try this link. I'm on Mac. Sorry I can't help more. Others should see your post and offer advice. Did you do a search on the forum to see if there are similar threads? That might be a good idea. I'm sure you will get it fixed and start enjoying your pad

Thanks for the link. I did a search and nothing. I've been enjoying my iPad for 2 weeks and this just popped up tonite. Thank you anyway!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Summary

If something is not working right, restarting or resetting iPad will likely solve the issue. Learn how to turn on/off (restart) and reset iPad.

Products Affected

iPad

To turn on

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
To turn off completely

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider.

If you can't turn your iPad on or off

You may need to reset. Note: Only reset your iPad if it is no longer responding.
To reset

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Additional Information

If you're experiencing an issue with iPad, see iPad: Basic troubleshooting.

Article: HT4057

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Symptoms

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch does not appear under Devices in iTunes after you connect it to your Windows PC, try troubleshooting using the assistant for your device:

If the issue continues, refer to the additional troubleshooting suggestions below.
Note: This article is for Windows users. If you are using a Mac, please refer to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X.

Products Affected

iTunes 7 for Windows, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, iTunes 9 for Windows, iTunes 8 for Windows, Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7

Resolution

Verify system requirements

Be sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements to use iTunes and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

This is particularly important if you are connecting the device to your Windows PC for the first time.

Update or reinstall iTunes

Apple recommends using the latest version of iTunes. You can check the version of iTunes you are using by choosing About iTunes from the Help menu. Visit the iTunes download page to download and install the latest version or choose Help > Check for Updates in iTunes.
While you do not normally need to remove iTunes before reinstalling it, in some cases this is recommended. If you see a message stating that the software required for your device is not installed, then iTunes should be removed before reinstalling. For more information on removing iTunes, see one of the following articles, depending on the operating system you're using:

Check the device display

When you connect iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer, the device should display an image or message on the display. If you do not see an image, refer to the appropriate article below for troubleshooting your device:

In some cases, you may see an image on the display indicating to charge the device:
TS1495_01--needs_charging-001-en.png

This means that the device does not have sufficient battery charge to operate and will need to be charged for several minutes before it can be recognized in iTunes.
If you see the "Connect to Power" image shown below, you will need to connect your device to a computer or a power outlet using the included cable and a USB power adapter to charge the battery.
TS1495_02--connect_to_power-001-en.png

Note: To charge iPad, Apple recommends using the 10W USB power adapter included with it.

Ensure the computer's drivers are up to date

Learn how to ensure that your computer's drivers are up to date.

Check USB connections

iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch require USB 2.0 to function properly. Refer to the documentation for your computer to verify that the USB ports are high-power USB 2.0 ports. Try connecting your device to a different USB port, preferably a port that is built in to the computer instead of an external USB hub. Connecting the device to your keyboard's USB ports is not recommended. Find more information on troubleshooting your USB connection.

Restart your PC

In some cases, your computer's USB ports may become temporarily disabled or you may experience other software related issues. Restarting your PC is an easy troubleshooting step that may resolve this issue.

Verify, update, or reinstall USB driver and Apple Mobile Device Service

iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch require the following two pieces of software to operate properly on Windows:

1. The USB driver must be installed; for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch this is USBAAPL.SYS. If USB drivers are not installed properly or are out of date, your device may not be recognized properly.
  2. Apple Mobile Device Support must be installed and running as a Windows Service. Learn how to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows.
If the USB drivers or Apple Mobile Device Service are not installed, see the "Update or reinstall iTunes" section above.
If the driver and service are installed and started, check the Event Viewer for error messages.

1. In the Start menu, click Run. (For Windows Vista and Windows 7, click the Windows Start button
    TS1495_03-windows-start-001-en.jpg
    and click inside the Start Search field to place the cursor there.)
  2. Type eventvwr.msc and click OK.
For more information on viewing or interpreting event logs in Windows, refer to this Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

Article: TS1495

Most reactions

Latest posts