What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync I pad with laptop

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help please. When I sync my I pad with laptop some of the photos within a folder do not appear on I pad. For instance one of the folders has about 76 photos and only 45 have been moved. I have not checked other folders to see if the same thing happens. Am I doing something wrong?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - please provide some additional information: 1) iPad model & iOS installed; and 2) Laptop brand/model & operating system? I'm assuming that you are syncing w/ iTunes on a Windows or Mac laptop - is iTunes updated to the newest version?

Also, provide the settings you use for photo sync in iTunes which can affect the behavior of this exchange. The native iPad Photo App is frustrating to use and many simply find other ways to transfer their images - so I'll let you provide the information requested, but in the meantime, take a look at PhotoSync - an app is on your iPad & one on your laptop - transfers are wirelessly and provides much better control over what you REALLY want to do - there are other options. Dave :)

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello - please provide some additional information: 1) iPad model & iOS installed; and 2) Laptop brand/model & operating system? I'm assuming that you are syncing w/ iTunes on a Windows or Mac laptop - is iTunes updated to the newest version?

Also, provide the settings you use for photo sync in iTunes which can affect the behavior of this exchange. The native iPad Photo App is frustrating to use and many simply find other ways to transfer their images - so I'll let you provide the information requested, but in the meantime, take a look at PhotoSync - an app is on your iPad & one on your laptop - transfers are wirelessly and provides much better control over what you REALLY want to do - there are other options. Dave :)

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you!
I pad 2 version 8.1.2 (12B440)
My laptop is ASUS m/B version F5v Vista
Premium
Yes I am syncing from I Tunes on a windows laptop and ITunes is updated to the latest version 12.01.36
I go to my I pad in I Tunes and to Photos And select folders to download
I am quite an amateur so be gentle please

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now downloaded photosync to my I pad thank you but have encountered another problem. I can' t get my I Tunes to start up on my laptop that I can download it there. Nothing seems to do what I want!

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have another problem. When I try to watch a missed program on BBC i player it keeps stopping and I have to go to settings as the signal keeps cutting out.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have now downloaded photosync to my I pad thank you but have encountered another problem. I can' t get my I Tunes to start up on my laptop that I can download it there. Nothing seems to do what I want!

Hi again and 'Oh My' - seems like multiple different issues here? You need the PhotoSync apps on both your iPad and also your laptop (Windows version HERE) - it is a separate app from iTunes so should just install on your Windows machine once downloaded - sorry, but I've not done Windows in two years. SO, see if you can at least get the program onto your laptop - using iTunes is not needed.

I have another problem. When I try to watch a missed program on BBC i player it keeps stopping and I have to go to settings as the signal keeps cutting out.

You'll have to explain more about this different issue - reboot your laptop and see if your iTunes and BBC player issues are resolved; if not, then tell us if your Windows laptop has been 'misbehaving' in other ways? This is not a Windows forum, so you might have to seek help elsewhere? When I was on PCs, the forum that I often frequented was CyberTechHelp - let me stop and give you a chance to respond. Dave :)

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for quick reply Dave
I have tried to download photosync on my laptop but it says I have to open I tunes. The alternative is to open it with Google play store but it says the play store app does not work with I pad so does that mean it would not work in conjunction with the app I have downloaded on my I pad? This is very confusing to my elderly mind!

I am going to bed now maybe in the morning my mind will be refreshed! Thank you for your patience and I will address the other issue later

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for quick reply Dave
I have tried to download photosync on my laptop but it says I have to open I tunes. The alternative is to open it with Google play store but it says the play store app does not work with I pad so does that mean it would not work in conjunction with the app I have downloaded on my I pad? This is very confusing to my elderly mind!

I am going to bed now maybe in the morning my mind will be refreshed! Thank you for your patience and I will address the other issue later

Well, have a good night's sleep and try again in the morning - I have the PhotoSync app on my MBPro and cannot remember if I had to open iTunes to install - you might want to check their website to see if the Windows version behaves differently?

But let's see what happens after you reboot your laptop - may be a number of unrelated issues occurring? Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Photosync app for OS X and Windows is not downloaded or installed via iTunes. You go to the developer's support site and download it from there.

It's not strictly necessary. There is a browser mode that you can use, where the iPad's app will give you a URL to type into the browser on the computer, and then you use a web interface to transfer photos. But the computer app is a lot handier.

Assuming we are talking about he same app (from touchbyte GmbH), here is the website that you can download the OS X and Windows version of the app from: http://www.photosync-app.com/photosync/en/downloads.html

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Photosync app for OS X and Windows is not downloaded or installed via iTunes. You go to the developer's support site and download it from there.

It's not strictly necessary. There is a browser mode that you can use, where the iPad's app will give you a URL to type into the browser on the computer, and then you use a web interface to transfer photos. But the computer app is a lot handier.

Assuming we are talking about he same app (from touchbyte GmbH), here is the website that you can download the OS X and Windows version of the app from: http://www.photosync-app.com/photosync/en/downloads.html

Hi TP - I already provided the same link in my post #7 - I'm not sure what the OP is meaning by needing iTunes opened to DL this link? Plus, there seem to be other issues w/ her Windows computer, which needs to be resolved - guess that I'll let her (my assumption from the avatar) respond tomorrow. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi TP - I already provided the same link in my post #7 - I'm not sure what the OP is meaning by needing iTunes opened to DL this link? Plus, there seem to be other issues w/ her Windows computer, which needs to be resolved - guess that I'll let her (my assumption from the avatar) respond tomorrow. Dave :)

That's what I get for not reading closely. :eek:

OP
Jolinmax

Jolinmax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both. I am now trying again. I could not see how to download this app. On laptop without using I tunes. I have managed to open I tunes and downloaded the app there. Problem is it will not open. I am in my iPad apps and when I click on the photosync app nothing happens, no message. All the other apps in there give me a message saying cannot open app, need to locate file but this one says nothing. Now I see auto play and I choose import files using windows and it is now importing but I think it might be transferring all my photos on to my hard drive and that is where they are already.( you are now probably as confused as me after that explanation

Most reactions

Latest posts