What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync Firefox bookmarks with iPad?

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bookmarks were touched on elsewhere regarding IE bookmarks, but am looking for a way to sync my Mac's Firefox bookmarks with iPad. Anyone know of way to do this?

I use XMarks and MobileMe.... XMarks keeps all of my browsers bookmarks synced (Safari, Chrome, Firefox), and MobileMe sync pushes them out to my iPad. MobileMe is awesome for so many other reasons if you dont already have it (i.e. "Find My iPad" service...same with your iPhone). I can't for the life of me understand why anyone wouldn't want it...

rho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bookmarks were touched on elsewhere regarding IE bookmarks, but am looking for a way to sync my Mac's Firefox bookmarks with iPad. Anyone know of way to do this?

I use XMarks and MobileMe.... XMarks keeps all of my browsers bookmarks synced (Safari, Chrome, Firefox), and MobileMe sync pushes them out to my iPad. MobileMe is awesome for so many other reasons if you dont already have it (i.e. "Find My iPad" service...same with your iPhone). I can't for the life of me understand why anyone wouldn't want it...

do you have to get another MobileMe for the iPad or does it just link into your current set up? Never had a reason to find that out before ;)

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

do you have to get another MobileMe for the iPad or does it just link into your current set up? Never had a reason to find that out before ;)

Nope! It just links to your current setup, and when I setup MobileMe on the iPad it just asked me if I wanted to add it, then "poof!", there it was on my Find My iPad locater on me.com

OP
Rick Ornberg

Rick Ornberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eaglemountainpromotions.com

Thanks GiPad, that worked. Had the MobileMe working ok, but did not set up Safari with Xmarks, only Firefox. Appreciate the help!

MobiusStrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't for the life of me understand why anyone wouldn't want it...

How about the fact that it costs money and is non-standard? A lot of us already have a domain and hosting service with FTP and other standard access methods, which we already pay for. MobileMe serves as Apple's excuse for not implementing proper import/export of settings. E-mail filters are a great example. Apple makes users dig into system subdirectories and copy a plist around between their systems. That's "elegant"?

Apple pretends to be surprised at the most basic functionality expectations. Again, E-mail filters provide an example: iOS doesn't even have them. Really Apple, in an era when 90% of mail is SPAM? What kind of fantasy world does Apple live in, where no one gets 10 screenfuls of spam daily, and it's fine for mobile devices to be cut off from the world around them?

The more you look, the more infuriating Apple's squandering of potential is.

Most reactions