What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync/Backup Questions

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have had so many glitches with Sync, Backup, and the transfer of app and music purchases that I think I must have some fundamental misconception of how they are supposed to work together. I am now too scared to let my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 sync! The situation is a bit complicated because my wife now has an iPad 4 and uses several apps bought with my Apple ID and password.

I've just bought a new PC and installed iTunes. Today I plugged my iPad into a PC USB port and used the "transfer my purchases" function. But I don't see any of my music in the iTunes info on my iPad, and wonder whether it is safe to sync? All the apps are also greyed out. All very unsettling!

I have opted to backup to the cloud and my PC does not have a WiFi function so I am reluctant to use the backup function. Is it safe to do so? Should I let backup proceed as a normal part of Sync over the USB connection? Is there anything else I should do first? I'm not going to connect my or my wife's iPhone to the PC until I've got my iPad properly synced!

Would be grateful for any help,

Roger

Most reactions

Latest posts