What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sympatico email issue

cabinowner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't send sympatico email from my iPad 2. Receiving okay, except email no longer accessible from my laptop.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
cabinowner said:
Can't send sympatico email from my iPad 2. Receiving okay, except email no longer accessible from my laptop.

Are you using your wifi network or is this a 3G iPad from another vendor than Bell?

Often, if your smtp settings are correct, you won't be able to use the smtp server from another network...

And what do you mean by your email won't work on your laptop anymore?

Have you heck that there is not an issue with Sympatico's servers? This could be the real issue here...

VicoPad addict!

OP
C

cabinowner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
Are you using your wifi network or is this a 3G iPad from another vendor than Bell? WIFI

Often, if your smtp settings are correct, you won't be able to use the smtp server from another network... NOT GOOD

And what do you mean by your email won't work on your laptop anymore? IT'S DISAPPPEARED

Have you heck that there is not an issue with Sympatico's servers? This could be the real issue here... DO YOU MEAN SYMPATICO IS BLOCKING?

VicoPad addict!

thanks for your help so far, see my responses next to your questions.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
cabinowner said:
thanks for your help so far, see my responses next to your questions.

Hi,

I would double check the settings to make sure they haven't changed in the last few weeks. Have a look on their website, or call tech support (if you're lucky, they'll answer in less than 60 minutes :) ). Sometimes, they may have change the server names or a security settings that you need to apply in your settings.

As for your issue on your laptop, you mean that your emails have disappeared from your email software?

Normally, any smtp server is restricted to be used only by the domain users. For example, you would not be able to use the Vidéotron smtp server from your connection on Sympatico. This is to prevent the possibility of spamming from the www. The same restriction does not apply when using Google server since they must be public for everyone.

So, the first thing you need to do is check your imap/pop server from Bell, and the smpt server. Do they match with your settings.
Make sure also, that no firewall is blocking those services if you installed firewall related stuff recently.
Some smtp servers may require SSL or your credentials to be accessible.

I'm pretty sure that Sympatico tech support will be able to walk you thru your settings if you call them.

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts