What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swipe keyboard

Realtor KC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a way to use "swipe" on they keyboard for an iPad 2?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Realtor - welcome to the forum! :) I own an iPad 2 and have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about - sorry! :rolleyes:

BUT, I'm curious - please explain? Are you referring to the 'on-screen' KB or the BT KB? Will await your response - Dave :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Swipe" is a way to type by just moving between the keys versus tapping (you don't lift your finger to tap ... you just, well, swipe).

This way of typing is normally found on devices running on Android and it's not available on the stock iPad well, not available to replace the default keyboard - but there are a few AppStore apps that can swipe (one is called Swype). You can use the app, but you'll have to copy the text into another app and the keyboard [for swiping] only works within the app.

If you had a jail broken iPad, they are some tweaks that make it so you can use this type of keyboard as the default. But, again, nothing for stock.

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
"Swipe" is a way to type by just moving between the keys versus tapping (you don't lift your finger to tap ... you just, well, swipe).

This way of typing is normally found on devices running on Android and it's not available on the stock iPad wellfault. But, again, nothing for stock......

Thanks Marilyn​ for the explanation - I was just curious about what the OP was talking about - not a JB iPadder myself, so just willing to learn a little more - Dave :)

tanveers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe the new iOS7 may have implemented the swipe key function. If not though, there is an app called Swift Key. These developers are the ones who have made this technology possible and set the standards. Swift Key is free and supported on iOS platform. Hopefully this will help you out.

Ben
Lead AV Tech

aan91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
indexapk.net

This way of typing is normally found on devices running on Android and it's not available on the stock iPad well, not available to replace the default keyboard - but there are a few AppStore apps that can swipe (one is called Swype). You can use the app, but you'll have to copy the text into another app and the keyboard [for swiping] only works within the app.

If you had a jail broken iPad, they are some tweaks that make it so you can use this type of keyboard as the default. But, again, nothing for stock.

Marilyn

Thank broo!!!!!!!!

Kid JD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's really not cool that we don't have a swype keyboard for iPad. I cut the four fingers off my right hand which I use to type and right. They where reattached successfully but swype makes it tons easier, quicker, and just a better interface with my iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts