What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping SIM

r34p3rex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can swap out the SIM without losing my dataplan? The reason I ask is because I'm starting to think that 16GB isn't enough for me :( I want the option to move to a 32GB later on :D

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you switch to the 32GB, just take the sim from your 16GB and pop it in to the 32GB. Done. No problem!

All the cellular data and info is tied only to the sim card and is in no way connected to a single iPad. You can put that microsim into any device that accepts microsims and all will be the same :)

OP
R

r34p3rex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you switch to the 32GB, just take the sim from your 16GB and pop it in to the 32GB. Done. No problem!

All the cellular data and info is tied only to the sim card and is in no way connected to a single iPad. You can put that microsim into any device that accepts microsims and all will be the same :)

Awesome thanks :D Just wanted to make sure. I don't want to lose my precious unlimited data. I've used roughly 400mb cellular data in 2-3 days :D

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering about this as well, I'm glad to know switching sims is a viable option when I upgrade.

Most reactions

Latest posts