What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RealVNC Viewer problems

Skully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First post from a long time lurker.

Just got RealVNC viewer version 1.3.1 and I am having a real tough time getting the darn app to connect to a brand new windows box running win7 pro. This is a Company laptop that has VNC installed for remote trouble shooting.

I have done all the port forwarding that is required on my router and still cannot get connected remotely using the Ipad.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

ocp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try logging into the pc from another pc use the pc viewer to make sure its not a server side issue.

Bill Badger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this over 3G or wireless LAN? What are the security settings you have set up on the server? Did you submit a request to the tech support page at realvnc.com/support/iphone.html ?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use RealVNC to log in to remote and local computers all the time...it works perfectly!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use iTeleport it's $24 in the app store. Yea, it seems like a lot but it works with both iPad and iPhone. Also uses gmail to connect so it's one of the easiest to setup for all those that are not so gadget inclined....

Bill Badger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This sounds like competing companies posting on here! Skully - I upgraded to 1.3.2 although it didn't help with anything for me. But I have had help from the tech support people so try them before spending another $24 on another app, especially given I never had any real problems that weren't down to server config and thus nothing to do with the viewer. I refuse to believe that an app just can't work for some people, even though you hear about it a lot. If I had money for every time I saw "remote access app X doesn't work!!!" I'd be...well richer than I am now anyway! Do you have local admin on the PC you're trying to configure? I mean can you change the server settings?

ocp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I refuse to believe that an app just can't work for some people, even though you hear about it a lot. If I had money for every time I saw "remote access app X doesn't work!!!" I'd be...well richer than I am now anyway! Do you have local admin on the PC you're trying to configure? I mean can you change the server settings?

I have a number of apps that crash to the springboard everytime I start them. Even on multiple iphone 4s, so yes it does happen.

Bill Badger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I meant that never work for some people but always work for others. But I put it really badly so you have a fair point.

Most reactions

Latest posts