What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Mario World Running On Jailbroken iPad Courtesy of snes4iPhone

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
snes-ipad-jailbreak.jpg

If the idea of being able to play classic Super Mario and other Nintendo games on your iPad appeals to you then check out this video on TiPb.com (via TouchArcade) which features a jailbroken iPad running Super Mario World via snes4iPhone, the Super Nintendo emulator, using a Wii Remote as a controller.

If you’re unfamiliar with the whole concept of jailbreaking, TouchArcade links to a Gizmodo feature called “Jailbreaking Your iPad: How You Can and Why You Should†that explains exactly what it’s all about, as well as the usual disclaimer about how new and unsupported jailbreaking your iPad is, and how, as Gizmodo says, “there’s always the outside chance that you might brick your iPad altogether.â€

Even if the thought of jailbreaking your beloved iPad is not for you though, you’ve got to admit that Super Mario World looks pretty good on the iPad’s big screen.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: TiPb

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ug55F6_t74]YouTube - Super Mario world for Super Nes on my iPad using the Wiimote[/ame]

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have every SNES Rom was cool to use this. The only problem is there is no way to turn off the onscreen controls...so its pretty annoying.

Moparx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say that if I ever jailbroke my iPad, this is one of the first things I would be doing. :)

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion among the Mod's. I know Max deleted a topic yesterday for even mentioning roms. The person never asked where to get em, where he got em or anything. The only thing he asked was where to put them on his iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion among the Mod's. I know Max deleted a topic yesterday for even mentioning roms. The person never asked where to get em, where he got em or anything. The only thing he asked was where to put them on his iPad.

There is nothing illegal about roms as long as you own the original. You are entitled to play your legally licensed games on any platform you choose. Most old consoles don't even work anymore and if they do good luck plugging them into your HD TV. Does that mean you are no longer allowed to play the games you love?

Talking about where to download roms is another story, since there is no way of knowing if the downloader legally owns the originals...

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There is nothing illegal about roms as long as you own the original. You are entitled to play your legally licensed games on any platform you choose. Most old consoles don't even work anymore and if they do good luck plugging them into your HD TV. Does that mean you are no longer allowed to play the games you love?

Talking about where to download roms is another story, since there is no way of knowing if the downloader legally owns the originals...
Trust me I know. This individual's topic was not talking where to get roms, he only asked where to put them on his iPad. But the thread was removed.

Most reactions

Latest posts