What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suddenly lost AirPrint on IOS 7.1.2

ecna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have not been here for a while mainly because there has not been the need until a couple of days ago.

I recently updated the version no on my iPad3 to 7.1.2 and everything continued to work properly. Then out of the blue my Canon Pixma MX726 AirPrint printer ceased to be recognized by the iPad.

I have done all the sequential reboots as recommended on the forums along with checking MAC addresses for printer and iPad within the router and so to me, the two devices are on the same network.

Is it reasonable to consider re-installing 7.1.2 and if so, as the iPad is indicating that the latest version is already installed, how does one re-instal?

I can not understand that if the printer had been responding with the version update on the iPad that any need exists to consider trying for a Canon printer firmware update. Someone's thoughts on that would be appreciated as would any other thoughts as to how to re-instate the printer.

Thanking whomever in advance...

Ecna

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi, I have not been here for a while mainly because there has not been the need until a couple of days ago.

I recently updated the version no on my iPad3 to 7.1.2 and everything continued to work properly. Then out of the blue my Canon Pixma MX726 AirPrint printer ceased to be recognized by the iPad.

I have done all the sequential reboots as recommended...............

Hi Ecna - not sure what you mean by 'sequential reboots', but for starters (and if not already done), I would suggest that you 'Reset' the iPad (i.e. press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release, and let the device 'reboot'); also 'power recycle' your modem, router, and printer (i.e. pull the plug or turn off the power then re-power) - please post back your results. Dave :)

OP
E

ecna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ecna - not sure what you mean by 'sequential reboots', but for starters (and if not already done), I would suggest that you 'Reset' the iPad (i.e. press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release, and let the device 'reboot'); also 'power recycle' your modem, router, and printer (i.e. pull the plug or turn off the power then re-power) - please post back your results. Dave :)[/QUOTE

Thanks giradman - reset on the ipad didn't do it. However, the 'power recycle' did something and it is now working.

FWIW, the sequential reboots I mentioned was a suggestion from somewhere else on this forum and involved switching each off and restarting each one allowing sufficient time for all the 'activities' of the respective device to be completed properly. In essence I expected this to resolve the matter. But pulling the power cords apparently 'unpowers' any quiecsent components. At least that is what seems to be happening. A good tip very well worth remembering and applying in the future.

Much obliged.

Ecna

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks giradman - reset on the ipad didn't do it. However, the 'power recycle' did something and it is now working.

FWIW, the sequential reboots I mentioned was a suggestion from somewhere else on this forum and involved switching each off and restarting each one allowing sufficient time for all the 'activities' of the respective device to be completed properly. In essence I expected this to resolve the matter. But pulling the power cords apparently 'unpowers' any quiecsent components. At least that is what seems to be happening. A good tip very well worth remembering and applying in the future.

Great - glad your network/iPad are up and working - my suggestion(s) was to simply 're-boot' all of your devices - easy to do and often solves many different types of problems. Dave :)

OP
E

ecna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great - glad your network/iPad are up and working - my suggestion(s) was to simply 're-boot' all of your devices - easy to do and often solves many different types of problems. Dave :)

Thanks again for your help.
Ecna

Most reactions