What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

subscribe alert ???

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the subscribe link of the task bar for this forum, I have an alert of the number 1. I'm supposing that somehow I ended up subscribing to something. How can I remove this alert with the number one?
Thank you

After posting this it now says 2. I would like to not get alerts if there is a setting for this.
thanks ..... ??? now it is back to 1. I'm very confused and a definite newbie to apple and ipad

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It's telling you that you have unread posts in threads you are subscribed to. Click on the subscribed link and you'll see which threads they are. You can adjust your subscription options in your control panel, not sure if that's available directly from the app, you may have to go to the website.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
On the subscribe link of the task bar for this forum, I have an alert of the number 1. I'm supposing that somehow I ended up subscribing to something. How can I remove this alert with the number one?
Thank you

After posting this it now says 2. I would like to not get alerts if there is a setting for this.
thanks ..... ??? now it is back to 1. I'm very confused and a definite newbie to apple and ipad

The number refers to threads you are subscribed to which have had a new post since your last visit......to unsubscribe from within the IPF app go to the subscribed thread and click the arrow in the top right corner and you get a number of options one of which is to unsubscribe from that thread.

If you are not using the app then I have no idea......d'oh!

The Archangel

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you that worked. Much appreciated

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
thank you that worked. Much appreciated

update ****
it came back after thanking you. So it appears every time we post, we need to then go and unsubscribe from the thread. ?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Well, the thing is, you get auto subscribed to threads you post in.

Not if he changes his subscription option to do not subscribe in his control panel. He'll have to go to the website then user cp - edit options

Reaction score
DefBref said:
Not if he changes his subscription option to do not subscribe in his control panel. He'll have to go to the website then user cp - edit options

Thank you so much.

I have been looking for that option. I have over 2000 unread emails in my inbox from iPF emails and couldn't figure out how to turn it off :D

Most reactions

Latest posts