What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stylus pen

Danny Dice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be bought 2 types of stylus pens and they don't seen to work with my iPad. They are both compatible pens. Is my scream protector too thick for it? Any suggestions.

OP
Danny Dice

Danny Dice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Which ones did you buy? The super cheap rubber tipped ones are only good for tapping, if that.

Bought the ones with the metal ball point tip. For writing

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you sure it's compatible?

Only capacitive stylus are compatible with the iPad. These normally have large soft tips, with the exception of the Jot stylus that has a clear plastic disk for a tip. I don't know of any small/hard tipped stylus that works with the iPad.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Are you sure it's compatible?

Only capacitive stylus are compatible with the iPad. These normally have large soft tips, with the exception of the Jot stylus that has a clear plastic disk for a tip. I don't know of any small/hard tipped stylus that works with the iPad.

No, nor do I though I wish there was one. I have several styluses too, some rubber tipped, one very cheap and one very nice slimline one that came free with the iPad cover, and a Jot Pro. All work fine. But my Samsung Galaxy Note stylus (that came with it, with it's nicely pointy tip) doesn't have any affect on the iPad 3. Wish it did! The Galaxy is of course android, and the screen types are different.

Danny Dice, have you tried using the styluses without the protective screen?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts