What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is Stylus / Pen safe to be used on iPad-2 ?

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought a Rocket Fish brand Stylus pen has a soft rounded tip at BestBuy, it works very good with no marking on iPad screen really helps in typing.

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will second that. I use a stylus I got from walmart for $15. It is about a quarter inch in diameter with a black rubber flexible tip. I dont use a screen protector. I have seen no damage to my ipad screen. Needs to be cleaned every once in awhile.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will second that. I use a stylus I got from walmart for $15. It is about a quarter inch in diameter with a black rubber flexible tip. I dont use a screen protector. I have seen no damage to my ipad screen. Needs to be cleaned every once in awhile.

U r saying not even any rubber marks from the stylus ha ?

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never had any rubber swiping marks that I've noticed with mine and I can't imagine that you'd get much in the way of rubber marks with any stylus because that would suggest it was wearing down, which frankly would be more of a problem than any marks.

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum as well as to iPad (I used mostly Android Tablets)...but I just got the iFaraday Stylus (I can't post links yet so just Google it) which has a cloth tip. It is made from some special material that acts like the rubber tipped styli...but it glides across the glass much better. I can't wait to try it out on my new iPad 2 when it arrives next week...I got the RX II model which is slightly weighted. It feels like a real pen (as best it can anyway)...I've read many reviews that people love the Artist model too....

FYI...I have NO affiliation to this company or it's owner. I found the stylus through a google search & ordered one about a week ago.

ccrispy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Augustya. I use a stylus as I hate having finger marks all over the screen. It looks like a pen and has the same sort of clip as a pen, which means you can clip it to your iPad cover. It has what looks like a soft foam rubber end. I think that it is less abrasive than many fingers are so is better for the screen. It also allows you to be more accurate than you can if your fingers are big. I wouldn't like to cover my screen either. I always close the cover when the iPad is not in use to protect it so that it doesn't get scratched at all. It is still in perfect condition.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have this stylus and yes it is very smooth.
I want to make some things clear. Not all capacitive rubber nib are the same . I have several and the best for response and glide ability is Boxware. Therefore for cost & sensitivity Boxware is the way to go. The Ifariday has a cloth tip so of corse it glides wellbut I get a better feel from Boxware.
Also my iPad slipped and fell next to my bed and night stand. The screen Can and Does scratch!
A screen protector is a smart choice (Period)

Here is a good picture of the tip, tap for a close up.

image-3099829416.png

Cheers

Last edited:

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have this stylus and yes it is very smooth.
I want to make some things clear. Not all capacitive rubber nib are the same . I have several and the best for response and glide ability is Boxware. Therefore for cost & sensitivity Boxware is the way to go. The Ifariday has a cloth tip so of corse it glides wellbut I get a better feel from Boxware.
Also my iPad slipped and fell next to my bed and night stand. The screen Can and Does scratch!
A screen protector is a smart choice (Period)

Here is a good picture of the tip, tap for a close up.

View attachment 9858

Cheers

Did you mean a boxWAVE stylus? I can't find boxware? I'm still experimenting with various styli & apps on my A500. I'm sure I might get a different feel on my iPad when it arrives. Thanks for the tip!

garlotha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ive watch a movie on youtube showing an ipod being scratched with a key but nothing happened on the screen. im thinking if that key made of metal did not leave a scratch on the screen how much more is the stylus? Try to search for videos in youtube. :)

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad screen will take normal metal or pen scratches and not scratch. A screen protector is for uncontrolled scratches, I my case the iPad slid off a side table against the metal frame of a bed , not. Normal.
I don't believe the key test. Maybe I'll try it in bestbuy on a demo unit.
All this said, it better to be safe than scratched.

"Post are better with pictures ".

STeBoS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Targus makes a good, cheap one. Very responsive. No marks.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts