What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck on EDGE connection and no 3g

galaxian777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have that upsetting problem that my Ipad 2 ios 5.1 (9B176) is giving me EDGE connection not 3G. Nothing in the settings to change to 3g in cellular data or general-network. I tried to reset all setting, erase all content and settings and even i changed the carrier but it is the same. My Ipad 2 is not JB but it was when i had ios 5.0.1 and someone said that the previous jailbreaking might have damaged a file inside that detecting the 3g. Would you help me please to have 3g back???? Thank you in advance

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sit tight and someone will be along who can answer your question, in the meantime:

Please do not post more than once on an issue, as well as fragmenting a conversation and making it hard to follow, it is also against Forum Rules. I have deleted 2 of your other posts on this issue.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if it was jailbroken and you've moved up to 5.1 I would suggest performing a restore with iTunes.

The way the jailbreak works with the iPad 2 means it has to move or rename some files. Simply hitting "erase content and settings" or updating firmware will break the jailbreak but won't remove all the jailbreak files which are stored on a separate section of the iPad's memory dedicated for system files.

When removing a jailbreak in order to completely remove all the jailbreak files you have to restore using iTunes. Chances are your iPad is looking for a file that has been modified, renamed, or moved entirely.

Most reactions

Latest posts