What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not get 3G carrier

jangkrik_item

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using ipad 2 wifi+gsm. In IOS 5.1.1, it was totally normal, but when i upgrade to ios 6, then i lost my 3G connection. i only get the EDGE.

I've tried a clean iOS restore for my ipad, and set as new ipad rather than restoring my old data first. And the 3G connection appear. But when i restore the data to get my old settings, then it back to EDGE.

Would you give me any suggest to get back my old data and the 3G connection, please.

Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you restored the old data, you probably restored the problem as well. That's the weakness of using a backup. Sometimes it contains stuff you don't want.

It may be necessary to do the restore again, but skip the restore from backup. A real pain, as you'll have to manually add all your apps and data again (so make sure all important data like pictures and documents in the apps are stored off the iPad first).

But before you get that drastic, try this.

Go into Settings > General > Reset and Reset all Settings. This will not delete any apps, data, or accounts; but you will have to work your way though most of the other settings and tweak them back to your preference. After it is finished you will go through a series of screens similar to what you do after a restore, so don't let that throw you.

Best if you do this with a good wi-fi network available.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts