What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in recovery mode

heriady. hrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm stuck on recovery mode, somebody help me, I've tried use redsnow but it's still fail... Help me

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

I've moved your post to it's own thread in the hacking section so that hopefully you will get the help that you need.

Good luck!

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If redsn0w or TinyUmbrella don't work when you try to exit from recovery mode, then this usually indicates that a portion of the file system has become corrupt and there isn't much that you can do about it I'm afraid. If you have iLEX RAT and SSH active on the device you can try using that, but if all else fails you are pretty much faced with having to restore the device to the latest version of IOS. Since you don't mention what device and version you have, I'm going to assume it is not an iPad1 and therefore you are faced with the prospect of living without a jailbreak for a while. Sorry :(

See our guide here if you need assistance with the restore process - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hack...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

There is an outside chance your device has developed a hardware error. If that is the case, then you won't be able to get the restore to work either, but make sure you try everything in that guide before giving up :(

Last edited:
OP
H

heriady. hrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, finally i restore it with iTunes and it is ios 6.1.3 right now, which is impossible to get untethered jailbreak for now... Poor me

Notorious Ama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, finally i restore it with iTunes and it is ios 6.1.3 right now, which is impossible to get untethered jailbreak for now... Poor me

Not necessarily, if you can find the iOS 6.1.2 as a file u can put your Ipad in restore mode and install it onto your device. You basically have to crash your device then restore it with that file. It is possible because I did it with my best friends iPhone 4S. Kinda sketchy in the beginning but is possible.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, if you can find the iOS 6.1.2 as a file u can put your Ipad in restore mode and install it onto your device. You basically have to crash your device then restore it with that file. It is possible because I did it with my best friends iPhone 4S. Kinda sketchy in the beginning but is possible.

Sorry, but it simply isn't possible. No matter how you try to "crash your device". IOS 6.1.2 cannot be restored onto an iPad as things stand today. SHSH Blobs, and no amount of hacking will help. Trust us.
All restores are protected by a secure digital signature which cannot be spoofed or bypassed, regardless of what you do. So without that signature, which is only available from Apple during the window when IOS 6.1.2 is actually the "live / current" firmware version, you are completely out of luck.

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is redsn0w or TinyUmbrella? Is that the ones used for jailbreaking?

Notorious Ama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, but it simply isn't possible. No matter how you try to "crash your device". IOS 6.1.2 cannot be restored onto an iPad as things stand today. SHSH Blobs, and no amount of hacking will help. Trust us.
All restores are protected by a secure digital signature which cannot be spoofed or bypassed, regardless of what you do. So without that signature, which is only available from Apple during the window when IOS 6.1.2 is actually the "live / current" firmware version, you are completely out of luck.

Lol whatever u say if it wasnt possible then I did the impossible. Hooray me! I asked my dude at the Apple store in Aventura, FL & he said it was possible so I decided 2 try it. I found the file put it in restore mode & restored it to 6.1.2. U don't need 2 believe me because he didn't either till he saw my iPad.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is redsn0w or TinyUmbrella? Is that the ones used for jailbreaking?

RedSn0w is a jailbreaking utility, often used for older devices (iPhone 4 and below/Pre-A5). It not only allows you to jailbreak, but has other different features such as recovery fixing, SHSH blob saving/retrieval/query, etc. It also has a nice little Restore feature so you don't have to manually stitch then use iTunes to restore, it'll install on the spot.

TinyUmbrella pretty much revolves around SHSH blobs only, but, it does have a Recovery Fix option in case you're using the iTunes method for restoring a custom IPSW (one that's made with blobs) and it ends up getting stuck on the Recovery Mode screen from one of the processes

Most reactions

Latest posts