What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stream directly from NAS

Norm01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone find a nice app to stream directly from an NAS Upnp, most streaming apps will only stream from a PC. I want to stream directly from the NAS without turning any PC's on. I am now using MLPlayer lite and it's ok but nothing great.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone find a nice app to stream directly from an NAS Upnp, most streaming apps will only stream from a PC. I want to stream directly from the NAS without turning any PC's on. I am now using MLPlayer lite and it's ok but nothing great.

Look for an NAS that can have you install iTunes on it then use StreamToMe on the ipad.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad does not support SMB sharing for some reason. You have to install crappy apps to convert and stream the video to the iPad, which means you have to have a computer running. My 5 year old Windows Mobile phone could stream MKV files over the network without any applications installed on anything, but apparently this is too much for iOS to handle.

iceblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use BUZZ Player and works very well using SMB and UPNP.:)

Regards

spgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad-Sweden said:
I found this, maybe It´s "bogus", not my territory.

"FileBrowser is like having Windows Explorer or Mac Finder on your iPad to access, copy and stream files from remote computers including Windows, Mac, and Network (NAS) drives."

it's not a bogus. I am using "FileBrowser" to stream supported media to my ipad from my NAS server and my windows 7 desktop . never had problems.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a Qnap NAS the QMobile app will do exactly what you want. I have music streaming from my Qnap box to my iPad while I type this on my PC.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Regards

+1
I use this all the time to stream from my NAS. Works perfectly and no on the fly conversion required, it has played back all my avi & mkv files so far.
You can also copy the files locally from your NAS for offline playback such as when travelling. It's my #1 alround movie player.

Ryrazzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Regards

+1
I use this all the time to stream from my NAS. Works perfectly and no on the fly conversion required, it has played back all my avi & mkv files so far.
You can also copy the files locally from your NAS for offline playback such as when travelling. It's my #1 alround movie player.

Hi, I was searching for a movie player to stream from my Buffalo Linkstation straight to my iPad and I came across this forum.

Just downloaded BUZZ player but can't seem to get it to stream either MKVs or AVIs. Just sits on the loading screen spinning.

Did you have any trouble with it?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

iceblack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Ryrazzer,

I got some strange behaviours with the latest version of the application.

Previous version seems to work better, I just reinstall it and it worked fine.

The loading screen spinning could be due to the traffic of your NAS and/or activity of the HDD.

Regards

Regards

+1

Hi, I was searching for a movie player to stream from my Buffalo Linkstation straight to my iPad and I came across this forum.

Just downloaded BUZZ player but can't seem to get it to stream either MKVs or AVIs. Just sits on the loading screen spinning.

Did you have any trouble with it?

Most reactions

Latest posts