What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strap Your iPad to Your Knee with the AppStation

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

SlashGear highlights a handy little device that will be useful to those who fly a lot, or generally to anyone that likes to rest their iPad on their knees. It’s called the AppStation, and comes from a company called New Sky Productions. It’s basically a kneeboard that holds you iPad securely to your knees using Velcro straps. The back of the kneeboard is constructed of polycarbonate, and is curved so that it fits the knees snugly. It’s also raised up at the top so that you don’t have to lift your leg to tilt it towards you. The kneeboard also has standoffs built in at the corners so that your iPad won’t be scratched if you rest it face down (does anyone do that?). And that’s not all! There’s even storage space for a stylus and a Mini Mag Light flashlight, or a pen or pencil.

According to SlashGear, the AppStation has also been designed with pilots in mind, to enable them to use apps while flying their aircraft. Maybe it’s just me, but I find that a little alarming! I don’t want to be on a plane where the pilot is playing Angry Birds at the same time!

You can order the AppStation for $69.95 from New Sky Products.

Source: SlashGear

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to SlashGear, the AppStation has also been designed with pilots in mind, to enable them to use apps while flying their aircraft. Maybe it’s just me, but I find that a little alarming! I don’t want to be on a plane where the pilot is playing Angry Birds at the same time!
I know this comment was made in jest, but the cockpit of an airplane can be a very busy place. There are already a great many great apps for pilots to use, both for flight planning and en-route that essentially take place of those bulky charts (you "civilians" call them maps!) as well as being able to get real time weather reports and so forth.

Kneeboards are nothing new and I am frankly surprised that it has taken this long for an iPad-specific model to hit the market.

And here is a picture of my "good side" taken almost 31 years ago when I was actually allowed to fly an airplane all by myself for the first time. And I am still alive to talk about it!

FirstSolo1.jpg

FirstSolo2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I know, I was just being a bit silly! :D

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
:D Both feathered and human!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this comment was made in jest, but the cockpit of an airplane can be a very busy place. There are already a great many great apps for pilots to use, both for flight planning and en-route that essentially take place of those bulky charts (you "civilians" call them maps!) as well as being able to get real time weather reports and so forth.

Kneeboards are nothing new and I am frankly surprised that it has taken this long for an iPad-specific model to hit the market.

And here is a picture of my "good side" taken almost 31 years ago when I was actually allowed to fly an airplane all by myself for the first time. And I am still alive to talk about it!

FirstSolo1.jpg

FirstSolo2.jpg

how did you feel for you landing by yourself and someone in the control tower asked you if you put your wheels down ? and you in a fixed wheel aircraft and you got this wild eye look on your face as you are think iam in a small fixed wheel plane right and it drawns on you it a joke that they play on the guys the first time you land a plane by yourself ..

they played that joke on me when the first time i was learning to land after takeing lesson in the 80s era

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first solo was in a Piper "Traumahawk" low wing T-tail 2 seater.

wacmartinborough2004.jpg

I remember that day well... got three touchdowns out of one landing!

Most reactions

Latest posts