What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Wireless Hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnetic1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced strange wireless hacking?

Let me preface this by saying I'm not being paranoid and I am referencing what I read about on a german magazine Der Spiegel. Basically the big brother has the ability to hack into routers and hard drives or storage devices like solid state drives on ipads. In addition they can put wireless spying on them to remotely access and control certain functions.

This is what happen when I went to buy my ipad mini. We were in the car discussing about getting the ipad. With planted GPS and microphone in our car, they can conceivably know where we are going and for what reason. We arrived at the apple store and talk to a sales person about an ipad mini. Next thing you know some other guy from the back of the room brings a box that is the ipad mini.

Next thing you know I'm here telling you someone is wirelessly hacking on my ipad mini when the ios 7 indicates my wifi and bluetooth is not turned on, and I did not buy a 3G/4G capable ipad.

I have strange touch screen experience where my touches are moved ever so slightly as to cause my writing on the note app to trigger things like create new note or print adjacent characters or letters to the one I'm trying to type. Furthermore the touch screen creates a buffer as if I'm typing too fast for the ipad, which should not be possible.

The big brother can intercept consumer purchases and replace the item with a compromised device.
And we can not tell the difference because legitimate retailers are cooperating with what they claim as a lawful thing to do. I say they got the guy who knows the guy so they're covered. Therefore they can do whatever they want, because they can. I think this is a problem, let alone being so wrong!!!

Last edited:

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gosh - surely you must be a renowned criminal or spy if they have bugged your car in order to get info on your intended purchases and arranged to sell you a doctored Ipad!!
If this is a real possibility I think only spies or criminals should worry about this - big brother will not learn much to be concerned about from this little old lady's internet or real life purchasing activity.

I don't mind at all if BB (or anyone else) reads my emails or sees what website I am visiting.

Or if the banks or supermarkets see what I buy (loyalty cards and bank cards give them a complete rundown of my purchasing habits if they care to look).

Or if the CCTV systems everywhere lets the police see what I am doing.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is going no where and really what you think is happening is not.....I suggest you go back to the Apple store and get your money back that way you will be able to sleep at night..... With that the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts