What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange problems after digitizer replacement (mini 2)

scottR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone here has had any similar problems to what i'm having right now.

I've been fixing iphones and ipads for family and friends for a while now, and come across a few troubles which usually have a remedy. But recently I have agreed to repair two iPad mini 2s, both with cracked digitizers. The first one went without a hitch, the second one (attempted immediately after the first) has got me scratching my head !!

After reconnecting the LCD and digitizer I powered up the iPad and was greeted with half and half display with erratic blocking. Great. I tried the usual of cleaning connectors etc. and put it down to a damaged LCD cable. I ordered a new LCD and connected it today fully expecting a nice white shiny apple....but nothing.

After reading a few articles regarding hard resets and reseating connectors I reconnected the old "faulty" LCD. Still nothing. Excellent. I performed a hard reset with the old LCD connected and it booted up ( with the same funky messed up display). Reconnected the new LCD hoping to have miraculously solved it...but no...nothing. I'll hold my hands up now and say that I DIDN'T disconnect the battery on this iPad before disconnecting LCD and digitizer. But havingsaid that, I have full backlight when I attach the old LCD. Puzzled !!

Could it be as simple as a faulty replacement LCD?

Any help or advice would be great as I'm getting to the end of my tether (and out of pocket).

Most reactions