What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

strange charger question

spaced

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys

rather than using the charger that came with my ipad i plugged my ipad into the mains using my wifes ipod charger which was already out in the side. i was confused to see that my ipad shows "not charging" as if it were plugged into the pcs usb port, as we all know.

im confused as both the charger i got with the ipad and my ipod charger both plug into the mains. the non ipad charger is a standard charger for the ipod (generic make not apple). why wont the charger charge the same as the one i got with my ipad?

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad charger provides 10w.
The iPod charger only provides a maximum of 5w.

They may look identical, but those two chargers are different.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone charger will charge the iPad, just a bit slower. Just swap your wife's iPod charger with the iPad charger and use it to charge both devices. That way your iPad will charge up faster and her iPod will charge as it normally would.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts