What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange boot behavior ipad 2

QueenPendragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 goes to a black screen for up to 30 seconds or so between the boot screen and the lock screen. Yesterday, it crashed twice while booting before I got it working. I ended up pressing the home button-power button combo and then it started to boot. It crashed, I did the button push, finally got it booted, then reset my settings as Apple directs. Now, it boots but the mystery black screen thing happens. It started a little bit actually before ios 8 but got a lot worse after.

Also sometimes when it's in sleep mode, it can take several power switch pushes to wake it up. I don't get it.

Why would my settings suddenly affect something when they didn't before ? Could ios 8 have made things worse? What might have caused it to begin with?

I consider myself to have cared for things well though I'm told my screen could stay cleaner. It had a couple minor bumps but in the protective case and seemed ok...it's been shook a few times...but as far as I know, never enough to cause damage.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Should I try a factory reset?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Erase all content and settings and set it up again. If this doesn't improve the behaviour, and you didn't connect it to your computer before, restore it using iTunes.

OP
Q

QueenPendragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I'll synch it later today...I will need to reload my stuff after the erase all content reset, I assume. Hope it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts