What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strang Sounds

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
All of a sudden my iPad Pro has gotten neurotic: It spontaneously generates a strange sound---a repetitive thwang-thwang-thwang---. It has always done that to some extent, particularly when I put slight pressure on one corner. I suppose it is a slight short ir open circuit caused by the mechanical stress on the case. But now it has become autonomous. Sometimes it just begins "thwanging" on its own with no human intervention.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or knows its cause and remedy?

Tnx.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Along the bottom edge of the iPad Pro (in landscape) there are three contacts. If these are shorted by something (a slightly sweaty arm, dirt, or just stuff) then the iPad will sometimes make a sound that might be described as a thwang; a mid range tone.

I’ve also had it happen when the smart keyboard was attached, but making poor contact.

Make sure the contacs are clean, also on the Smart Keyboard if you are using one.

That’s all I can think of.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you might have it. Yes, I am using a smart keyboard. I will clean the contacts with alcohol and report back with the results.

Tnx.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm that seems really weird. My iPad mini 2 has never made a noise other than the sounds that it is supposed too.

Most reactions