What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Store music in cloud?

ssilver10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok to store your music on iCloud all you really have to do is update to iOS 5 and link up your Apple ID. Usually no matter what your music will automatically be "pushed" up into the cloud, and then be "pushed" down to all your connected devices. Or you can even do this: Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Back up now . What ever you have on your iOS device that you allow to be sent into the cloud will be backed up into the cloud.

Hope I helped!

Regards,

Ralphy

PatriciaNVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question and if so I apologize.

I lost an iPod touch a few months ago. When I upgrade to ios5 and ITunes pushes everything to my devices will it also sync to the lost iPod. If so how do I remove that device. thanks for any help.

Patricia

Erhard

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I lost an iPod touch a few months ago. When I upgrade to ios5 and ITunes pushes everything to my devices will it also sync to the lost iPod. If so how do I remove that device. thanks for any help.

Patricia

from what I have been able to ascertain, iCloud is not available for iPod, so even if you wanted to, you cannot use iCloud on an iPod.

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Patricia

No because iCloud is only available with ios5 which if lost then it's never updated, if someone else somehow "found" your iPod then to get your cloud stuff they would need to know both your apple ID and iCloud login

OP
E

eilerc59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding storing music...I have left lots of music on my PC due to storage constraints (I have a 16 gb iPad 2). How can I get some of that music in the cloud without first putting it on the iPad?

bobbcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried backing up (I have everything turned off as I only want to store my music in the cloud) & it failed. Dunno what to do. You suppose it's because of high "traffic" due to ios 5 being so new?

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
from what I have been able to ascertain, iCloud is not available for iPod, so even if you wanted to, you cannot use iCloud on an iPod.

From my understanding, the statement 'in bold' above is incorrect; a new or upgraded iPod (at least G3) w/ the just released iOS 5 will be able to assess iCloud or have stored media 'pushed' to the device - please correct me if wrong because I'm in the market for the next iPod Touch and use it for my music! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
From my understanding, the statement 'in bold' above is incorrect; a new or upgraded iPod (at least G3) w/ the just released iOS 5 will be able to assess iCloud or have stored media 'pushed' to the device - please correct me if wrong because I'm in the market for the next iPod Touch and use it for my music! :)

That'll be iPod Touch third or fourth generation according to Apple.com

Erhard

iPF Noob
Reaction score

yup, my bad, I was not thinking of the iPod Touch, but the 'other' iPod's! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts