What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage/download problem

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to download a tv series from iTunes. I keep getting an error message that says I do not have enough local storage to do so. I bought more iCloud storage, but keep getting the same message. I cant see a way to move things to the Cloud to create more local storage space. I don't want to delete apps, data etc as I am afraid I will lose them. How can I create more local storage space or stream the tv series?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How much free space do you have? Do you have to download all of the series at once? Get a few, watch them, delete them, then get a few more. Otherwise, you will have to delete something or other.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you thought of downloading the series to iTunes on your computer, then transferring the episodes a few at a time to your iPad, where you can delete them after watching, in preparation for transferring another batch of episodes?

OP
timtruro

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot download to my computer first, I am in Aruba for a couple of months and the only thing I have with me is my iPad. I can download one at a time, then delet but it takes quite awhile to download an episode. I have now signed up for Netflix so I can stream but Netflix doesn't have the series I want (Game of Thrones). But I have found a lot of good stuff on Netflix and will go with that and the slow iTunes downloads. Just don't understand why I can't download something and store it in the cloud to save space.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
timtruro said:
I cannot download to my computer first, I am in Aruba for a couple of months and the only thing I have with me is my iPad. I can download one at a time, then delet but it takes quite awhile to download an episode. I have now signed up for Netflix so I can stream but Netflix doesn't have the series I want (Game of Thrones). But I have found a lot of good stuff on Netflix and will go with that and the slow iTunes downloads. Just don't understand why I can't download something and store it in the cloud to save space.

The problem with that is that you first have to download it to your iPad, then delete it from your iPad. It will then be in your purchased list, ready to download again at any time. I suppose you could abort the download of the series after it had started and it should still be in your purchased list.

jdarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to download a tv series from iTunes. I keep getting an error message that says I do not have enough local storage to do so. I bought more iCloud storage, but keep getting the same message. I cant see a way to move things to the Cloud to create more local storage space. I don't want to delete apps, data etc as I am afraid I will lose them. How can I create more local storage space or stream the tv series?

How do you delete from the ipad??

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you delete from the ipad??

As we are talking about iTunes and videos, try this......

image-2182170936.jpg

image-696278575.jpg

The Archangel

jdarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am in the section for TV Shows, I dont see the edit button. However, I did go into Itunes and deleted from there. Hopefully
This will work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you delete previously purchased TV shows and movies to free up space on your iPad, they will still be in your iTunes purchased list to be downloaded again at no additional charge whenever you choose. While app data can be stored in iCloud, the apps themselves, as well as TV shows and movies cannot. Those are in your iTunes purchased list.

jdarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you delete previously purchased TV shows and movies to free up space on your iPad, they will still be in your iTunes purchased list to be downloaded again at no additional charge whenever you choose. While app data can be stored in iCloud, the apps themselves, as well as TV shows and movies cannot. Those are in your iTunes purchased list.

Thanks! I have solved my problem.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Local storage is exactly that, local storage. If iTunes says you don't have enough you just don't have enough.
I was going to suggest downloading the episodes to an sd and stream it wirelessly
Not sure if that's possible.

Most reactions

Latest posts