What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage capacity drain

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, im using ipad2 16gb wifi, i notice that the storage capacity is 14gb. After installing some apps i got free capacity 9.4gb. What i would like to discuss is recently i notice my free storage capacity drain approx. 0.2gb everyday. Does anyone having the same problem like me or is it because the cache things? I already trying to reboot by using
The sleep wake button but still not increasing my free storage capacity. Can anyone help me solving this problem. Many thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you perform a sync with your PC you'll be able to see what is 'taking' the storage capacity. Usually it's under a category that iTunes classifies as 'Other', which are files that iTunes cannot identify. This is a widely reported issue and most Members have found that frequent synchronisation of the iPad and PC seems to mitigate the problem to some extent.

Tim

OP
anggasaleh

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim, thanks for your respond, the main issue is i dont installed another apps at the moment and the free storage is still draining. I wondere if there a step that i have totake to refresh the storage memory?

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some apps store data. If you are adding information to a text file, spreadsheet, recording sound or video, that will all take up extra space on your iPad.

Also, some apps do have caches, but they are automatically cleared at some point, so that shouldn't be a continuing problem.

OP
anggasaleh

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more thing ace, i recently notice my free storage drain for another 0.1gb today. As u said earlier this memory drain probably cause by cache and apps that saving memory, when its already reach the full capacity do u think my free storage will be back as the real free storage capacity that available?

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The cache storage will automatically be cleared, but any space that is used by apps for images, audio, video recording will stay there until you delete them. You can usually do this from inside each app. For some apps, you have to check in iTunes as Tim said above.

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't used that app, but it has good reviews in the app store. Perhaps it would help. If you try it, please come back here and let us know if it solved your problem.

OP
anggasaleh

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed xsysinfo and it help refreshing unused memory Like if we did some reboot. About the available storage draining i think it drains more slower than before. I notice after i stream some videos through you tube the availability storage drain about 0.1gb. I already asking to our local apple reseller in Indonesia and they said they didnt have anycompalints regarding this issue but he will try to investigate aout this and will come back to me sometimes next week. After all i think this issue cause by the ipad using the available memory for cache, apps memory like u said and etc. Probably because i still have a lot of available storage they using from this portion. Is this make sense to you?

Edruth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i am just new to my ipad2 i have a problem in viewing a video from the youtube since last week i am trying to connect to the pinoytv .com but when im on that site i cannot open! Can ypu pkease help me so i can watch video in the net using my ipad. Many thanks. Ruth

OP
anggasaleh

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finnaly found the problemnthat vause my storage draining everyday. It was the flipboard apps that saing too much cache, mine almost 6,7gb, and after i installed my storage capacity back to normal.

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finnaly found the problemnthat vause my storage draining everyday. It was the flipboard apps that saing too much cache, mine almost 6,7gb, and after i installed my storage capacity back to normal.

Good to know. Thanks for sharing that information.

Most reactions

Latest posts