What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Storage and movie downloads

biguntx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movie download error..insufficient space. I was directed to Manage your Storage. Asked to buy more storage and did, however the movie will not download because of insufficient space!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance.

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your question makes no sense as far as an iPad goes. How could you buy more storage on a fixed sized storage chip on an iPad? I have a feeling you are in the wrong section.

OP
B

biguntx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud storage was purchased.

This may not make sense but iCloud storage is available up to an additional 50GB....I purchased an additional 10GB!

If this forum is not familiar with the concept of iCloud storage, then you are correct I am in the wrong place.

Since I was direct to increase my iCloud storage as a solution to my download issue, I believed 10GB would be more than ample for a movie.

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're downloading the movie from iTunes store? That wont be saved in the cloud...

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may want to check and see what is in your

10 gig of purchased storage. That would be more than adequate to hold a number of movies. Or you can simply do what I do and use a Seagate GoFlex satellite wifi drive. At 500 gig it holds lots and lots and lots of movies and there is no annual charge.

OP
B

biguntx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feed back.

Glad to know I'm not lost or stupid.

Not sure why I was directed to increase iCloud storage with the down load error prompt!

Perhaps it's a profit scam!

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had that error before but was told to check router, clear iPad cache, restart etc etc. can't see why they would tell you to buy more cloud storage! You can't store movies in the cloud for starters, they're not even available in your purchase history!

OP
B

biguntx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should have asked the question here before spending the $20.

Thanks again for the help.

OP
B

biguntx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No.

The earlier response that movies are not stored in iCloud would require that I delete a movie before the new iTunes movie will download.

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goto settings, general, about > see how much available space you have left.. An SD movie is at least a GB if not more! If it's HD your looking at 3 or 4!

You may well need to free up some space!

Most reactions

Latest posts