What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still in search of the perfect case.....

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Man, everytime I get an iPad I struggle to find the case that fits all of my requirements.

The mini is no different, sadly (not the mini's fault, I just have my wants).

There is what I need:

1) 4 oz or less.

2) stable in both stand positions (this is the main feature I'm missing)

3) must have a back and a cover which supports sleep/wake

4) available in more than just borning black (but I will accept this if I need to)

I think idea would be a gel type back with something like the Apple Smart cover, but I'm not buying the Apple Smart cover because it is way, way over priced.

The Poetic Slimline covers most of what I want except number 2.

Anyone know of anything else? What about the Joy Factory SmartSuit?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Moshi iGlaze with Versacover. They make them for the new iPads, and announced they'll have them for the Minis for Dec.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Moshi iGlaze with Versacover. They make them for the new iPads, and announced they'll have them for the Minis for Dec.

I wrote to them asking for images, release dates and weight.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh...the skinny won't work...the back doesn't fold over flat....

Last edited by a moderator:

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the STM Skinny for my iPad3, and it is a nice case. It is true that when you first get it, the front cover does not old flat like the video showed, but as it breaks in, in folds more and more flat. It still doesn't go completely flat, but it gets really close.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the STM Skinny for my iPad3, and it is a nice case. It is true that when you first get it, the front cover does not old flat like the video showed, but as it breaks in, in folds more and more flat. It still doesn't go completely flat, but it gets really close.

Does it really weigh 3.2 oz? That would be a plus in its favor for me. Thanks.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why not just get each case for each needs i have 4 cases so far yet still looking for "the one" :p

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have no idea what the weight is, but it' not a featherweight. If the STM site says that's the weight, I'd believe the spec sheet.

Clix Pix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At home I use just the Smart Cover on my iPad Mini, and then when going out I pop her into a RadTech Sleevz sleeve that I had for the first iPad. Yes, it's a bit too large but it protects the iPad Mini's back from scratches and such from other items in my purse. Soon I'll get one specifically sized for the iPad Mini, but in the meantime this has been working out fine. For my larger iPads I have always used the Smart Cover on the front and the SF Bags/ Waterfield Designs Muzetto bag for going out-and-about. Since the new iPad Mini fits so nicely into many of my regular-sized purses (I'm overjoyed about that) I will be using them now, but definitely am concerned about protecting the iPad Mini's anodized black back. I really like the feel of the naked back, though, and most of the cases I've seen so far make the iPad feel bulky. I am not a big fan of any sort of films to stick on either the screen of the device or the back of the device. In the past when taking my larger iPad along when doing some photography, I've also used an InCase sleeve that is wonderfully protective and so I am definitely planning to get one of those, too, for the iPad Mini when it becomes available.

My iPads stand around at home on some Gibson 3A wire stands that I got at Amazon and they are ideal for my purposes. They're adjustable so that I can position the iPads any way I want them, and the stands work a treat in lieu of a charging dock. The iPad Mini or her big sister can be in either portrait orientation or landscape orientation. I rarely ever set my iPads down flat, but if I do I always make sure that the surface is a clean and soft one or I put something between the surface and the iPad's back. So far this strategy has worked well for me and has kept my iPads looking good!

Most reactions

Latest posts