What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Jobs Announces iPad 2!

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I myself did wait for the iPad2 and will purchase it. yes, it has the same resolution as the iPad1 but that thing looks beautiful to me. everytime i have gone in best buy and used it for a while, my friend has one and it's beautiful. i waited for the cameras, had no idea about the newly upgraded processor and the incredible bump to the graphics for games and such and of course the 1080p output is really sweet. I also have close to 200 in BB rewardzone points/dollars so i'm gonna put that towards the 64gb unit. i've waited long enough. i'm sure the next one will have the display most folks are griping about (i do understand, you want what you want) and some other, new things. for me, the thinner, lighter version, with the cameras, dual core and stuff that's being offered on the 2 is more than enough to make me not wait any longer to get an iPad.

best of luck to those getting the 3, i'm getting mine Now --actually more like closer to the end of this month! ;)

Marcus.9907

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the update os is gonna fix. Cause a couple ppl have problems when the iPad goes to sleep and re connecting to wifi... Ne ways I'd get the iPad two but all I see is the cams being a perk, but I bet some company will create a cam you can attach to the iPad... If not eh I'll wait for the iPad three lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Malpeli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm puzzled by their decision to put a picture taking camera on the back. I don't believe many iPad users will want to use their pad as a camera. No flash too means it's limited to areas and times where the lighting is good.

Seriously, 0.7megapixel sensor for FaceTime??? They should have dumped the rear facing lens and put the high res on the screen side. Hi-def FaceTime would have been a good reason to upgrade.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Malpeli said:
I'm puzzled by their decision to put a picture taking camera on the back. I don't believe many iPad users will want to use their pad as a camera. No flash too means it's limited to areas and times where the lighting is good.

Seriously, 0.7megapixel sensor for FaceTime??? They should have dumped the rear facing lens and put the high res on the screen side. Hi-def FaceTime would have been a good reason to upgrade.

This is apples natural way of progressing. We've known this fir ages. You shouldn't be surprised. Wait for 3.

shanshuprophecy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to wait - the updates sound great but nothing unexpected & my iPad is meeting my needs for now - the camera is all but useless as you can't see the screen outside anyway so - my iPhone does just fine for snaps

Looking forward to trading for 3 - hopefully more memory & a bump in resolution - but happy to hear from all the ppl who have decided to take the plunge now that 2 is here - the more of us there are the better iPad 3 will be to keep us tempted :))

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its really awesome, I will get one as soon as possible, i like th e cover thing,wonder wether the same thing can be used for ipad 1st gen.....?

jordexj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting for 3... one would be stupid and a serious (Cheesy Applefan) to get Ipad 2 when you already have Ipad 1. 3 should have the Retina screen.

solarrdadd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i thought this was a nice and happy site. but of late, i've seen so many members refering to each other (as well as refering to non members) as stupid or idiots that i'm not sure that this is the happy place i was hoping for.

why is there the need to describe others in that fashion; what does one get out of it? so what if people either do or don't want to get new or upgrade to the iPad2; why must they be called stupid or idiots for wanting to do it? :(

as i mentioned in an earlier post, i plan on getting an iPad2, i guess some consider me stupid or an idiot not sure why but that's ok because i'll be too happy with it when i get to worry about it.

jordexj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will wait for the IPad 3.. This one just is not worth it to me. For me the Ipad was the best thing since sliced bread. There were so many upgrades Apple could have included in the Ipad 2. Better Resolution, SD reader, larger memory are just a couple that come to my mind. The camera is nice add but not enough for me to give up my IPad 1.

I am more of a fan of the added hardware than I am of making the darn thing thinner. And the cover.... Not a fan at all.

I will wait for Ipad 3 next year. Or just hold on to my Ipad till the screen goes black.

Yeah... that is why I'm saying too... wait for Ipad 3 where you will have the Retina display, 4G network, and a the Thunderbolt Connectivity. People need to be realistic... and realize that the changes are minor at best... my Ipad does everything I need it to do... and can't wait for 4.3 IOS.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i thought this was a nice and happy site. but of late, i've seen so many members refering to each other (as well as refering to non members) as stupid or idiots that i'm not sure that this is the happy place i was hoping for.

why is there the need to describe others in that fashion; what does one get out of it? so what if people either do or don't want to get new or upgrade to the iPad2; why must they be called stupid or idiots for wanting to do it? :(

as i mentioned in an earlier post, i plan on getting an iPad2, i guess some consider me stupid or an idiot not sure why but that's ok because i'll be too happy with it when i get to worry about it.

If you see this please report it so we can take action. This community has gotten quite large and the only way we can keep track is by users reporting abuse. Thanks!

Studor13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whlist the iPad 2 is great value I am OK with the original because I also have the iPod touch 4.

Facetime for me is a lot more practical with the 'touch. I use it everyday and just love it.

Still, I wouldn't mind the latest version, but feel that Apple has done the right thing in giving new iPad users enough but not too much to p*ss off the 15 million user base.

So, all in all it's great news.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No! I'm stayin' with iPad 1. Not quite enough to tempt me. Let's see what the iPad 3 is like!

iOS 4.3 on 11th March......is that right?

Devoted disciple of The Gospel According To Victor Meldrew

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I haven't posted on here for awhile but, this is big news (to me). I'll be getting it and, I'm not screwing around this time, I'm getting the 64GB wi-fi model. If I had got that when I got the 1st generation, I most-likely wouldn't have got this version. I like putting movies on it and, still being able to put all my music on it also and, the 16GB version just wasn't enough.

Steviesouthpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Texcoonazz said:
I will wait for the IPad 3.. This one just is not worth it to me. For me the Ipad was the best thing since sliced bread. There were so many upgrades Apple could have included in the Ipad 2. Better Resolution, SD reader, larger memory are just a couple that come to my mind. The camera is nice add but not enough for me to give up my IPad 1.

I am more of a fan of the added hardware than I am of making the darn thing thinner. And the cover.... Not a fan at all.

I will wait for Ipad 3 next year. Or just hold on to my Ipad till the screen goes black.

Love this attitude. It's exactly what I've been trying to say...

Most reactions

Latest posts