What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standing in line.... uhh... why?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
No offense. But for the experience? Sorry I have better things to do at my time. I have a job, a life, and things to do. This makes no sense to me. Why would anyone in their right mind stand in line for any kind of item?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?x2v0l1

I have better things to do too.....but standing in line meant I got my iPad much sooner than otherwise. Not everyone is standing in a long like as everyone assumes. I had my iPad 3 at 8:04am because I stood in line. Now, if we were talking about camping out........as some do in the megacities......

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pkay1 said:
I camped out all night cos I was convinced I would not get one otherwise as everyone said it would be sold out for
months if you didnt.
No one else turned up till five am and it was without a doubt one of the worst experiences of my life.
Never believe the hype that is what I took from it.

That's too funny!!!!!!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dhevans_6 said:
Each to their own, but I've got a job two young children and I do photography jobs on the odd weekend, no time!

Click and collect is a godsend for me, spent five mins ordering yesterday morning, pick up from my local supermarket this afternoon whilst daughter is at a party. Easy peasy!

I haven't really got into the apple store experience. I remember last year parking in pay and display next to the store, jumping out wanting to grab the camera connection kit and jump back in the car and the apple sales guy was wanting to take his time. I felt really bad having to hurry him up...

Yeah, I would either shop at the apple store in person (AFTER the hype has died down) or apple store.com. Maybe best buy - after hype. There is no Walmart that I know of in the city.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mostly you wait in line because thru the 3GS and 4 - preorder people didn't get theirs first. If you wanted one on day 1 of release you had to stand in line. Plain & simple. Line standers always get theirs first.

The iPhone 4S was the first apple product in several years where pre-order people got theirs on day 1 of release. So I stand in line because I no longer trust the preorder system. Got burned twice. Never again.

Last edited:

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Getting some sun might be good for you. Vitamin D and all...

Yeah because once you get that iPad, the only vitamin D you'll be getting is from a device with more pixels than the sun.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll never catch me camping for any product, but different strokes. Seems like some people do it for a sense of adventure or camaraderie.

I don't even get why anyone would want to stand in line to see a new movie, when the same movie will be shown later without lines. But some people seem to get something out of it, so whatever floats their boats.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
You'll never catch me camping for any product, but different strokes. Seems like some people do it for a sense of adventure or camaraderie.

I don't even get why anyone would want to stand in line to see a new movie, when the same movie will be shown later without lines. But some people seem to get something out of it, so whatever floats their boats.

I don't stand in line for anything .... ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Djdan said:
Agreed. In and out of a Best Buy in under 20 mins for me.

Good for you !!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't stand in line for anything .... ;)

I will wait at restaurants, but that's about it. Hard to get good dim sum on a weekend without waiting, for instance.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I left the Army, I swore that I was through waiting in lines. As big of an Apple fan as I am, it still is no reason to stand in line. I got my first iPad before many of those in line, and the same with this one. If you know that you want something like this, it is always good to either make the decision fast, and preorder. Or wait and get it when the furor dies down

I think in this case, a lot of people decided to preorder to beat the rush, and so there was not the rush like last year. It may mean that if things work out, some of the restock shipments may get diverted to people waiting on shipped iPads.

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because of pre orders there is plenty of inventory.. in fact our Best Buys had a ton of them and both Apple stores in the area had them as well. no one seemed to be out.

Most reactions

Latest posts